Problem with player ratings

markpcockburn

Reaction score
Hi

I my current save I have just been promoted from the Vanerama Conference to Sky Bet League 2 with Gateshead.

The problem I'm having is that, when I scout a player, my scout report says that he is 3 and a half stars current ability, but when I actually buy him, he goes down to 2 and a half stars. This has happened to me on multiple occasions now. Is this a bug, or is it part of the game itself?

Kind regards

Mark

I just played my first game. I set up a new scouting assignment to find players. When I click on the player report, and look at the information comparing the player I want to buy it says that he is 3 and a half stars. Also, this information says that my one of my existing player in the same position is also 3 and a half, but he is only 3 star after looking at squad depth.

It's all explained by Iamauser's link mate. You're placing far too much faith in the ratings.

It all depends on you scouts abilities. If they have 20/20 in CA & PA, then they are nearly 100% accurate at all times. However, judging by your level, their Current Ability & Potential Ability rating is far from 20, then their judgment is to be revalued by yourself. Basically, check you scouts ability in CA & PA, and if they are low, then think an extra couple of times before believing them.

This may also be a case of your team level rising after the report has been made, and in tat case, that's a totally other deal.

think of star ratings as 'importance to your squad/team' rather than a representation of how good they are.

Thank you to everyone for replies and advice. I would just like to add that my scout's judging current ability attribute is 17 and potential ability is 16.

Back