• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyric

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm managing Real Madrid right now and I want to offer Xabi Alonso a new contract. Problem is, he wants a wage raise but the board won't let me pay him more than his current wage. I've already adjusted my wage budget to the maximum but it still doesn't change anything. Anyone know any solutions? I really don't want to lose him :S

how much does he want? theres no way real madrid cant afford wages, maybe he doesnt like the club/contract length. Try tweaking the contract by giving him more bonuses and if it all fails, sell him, you can get better players anyway. like moussa sissoko.

He's earning 110k now and he wants 140k. The board won't let me pay him a penny over 110k. I've tried tweaking the contract a few times but he rejected them cause he thinks the basic wage is too low. I already have Veloso, but I think Alonso's always played better for me overall.

have you been doing a lot of spending? and what is his team status?

Maybe your over your wage budget so you can only offer him what your paying him at the moment so you don't go more over your budget...

I haven't touched my transfer kitty yet this season. He's a first team player, and I don't want to change him to a key player cause, well, he's not.

Also, I still have around 1mil available on my wage budget so I don't think that's the problem.

I haven't touched my transfer kitty yet this season. He's a first team player, and I don't want to change him to a key player cause, well, he's not.

Also, I still have around 1mil available on my wage budget so I don't think that's the problem.
its because his status doent justify the wage. they would give you more if he was a key player

If you want to keep him , change his status to key player !

Just make him a key player, shouldnt really matter to much. Hes worldclass anyway should be a key player for a few years..

If I did change him to key player, would that change anything else though? Would he ***** a lot if I didn't play him almost every game? Right now I rotate him and Veloso a lot and I don't want Alonso to start complaining.

tbh he will moan if he is rotated alot. saying that who do you prefer to play him or veloso. personally id play alonso rather veloso. and if they do up the wage bill for you if u make him a key player id offer 120k and seee what he says? let me kno how you get on mate.

Just changed his status to key player and the board upped the wage bill by almost double. I offered him 120k and he still rejected so I gave in and offered him 140k. Now he's finally happy. Less playing time for Veloso I guess.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated :)

squad status has never really been an issue with me, if i cannot afford the players contract he wants on Rotation or First team, I put it as Key Player just so that I can afford to sign him, after a couple of months you go to sqaud status and change it, if he is a big player like Ronaldo etc (you wont need to change as he is a Key Player) but if its for a youngster that you Really wanted, he may be ****** for a while but he gets over it, so its not a big deal at all really!

sometimes it does not even phase them at all... :)

question was answered, thread closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back