PokeFlute

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new here but i got a few questions. I'm trying to make a database where te best 80 teams in the world (based on reputation) will fight eachother to become the best team. This will be done in two different leagues:

- Major League of Soccer (MLS), this is the first division.
- North American Soccer League (NASL), this is the second division.

The two different leagues have a different setup from the normal european leagues as far as i know. As the names already tell i'm making this database in America because i like the idea of the MLS. I'll tell the rules i have setup for this competitions so that you guys understand what i'm trying to reach.

The MLS has the next rules:
- 40 teams divided in to 5 groupes of 8 teams.
- top 4 teams are going to championship play offs.
- bottom 4 are in the relegation zone (something i have trouble with but ill tell that later on.)

The NASL has some other rules:
- 40 teams divided in to 5 groupes of 8
- top 2 instantly promote to MLS
- 3-6 are going in to another play off competition
- 20 teams are in the play offs for promotion, 10 will promote.

I've been able to edit the basic stuff. Think of selecting the 80 teams for the two divisions, rules on cards, prize money etc. But i'm getting on a point where i'm not able to fix certain things. Altough the database is playable I have a few major problems which make playing the database less fun.

First of all the international matches, relegation and the Champions league. I'm able to play this database so i'm quitte far with the editing but one of the biggest problems are international matches. I don't know if it is possible to disable them. But everytime all the players go on international duty the competition goes one, resulting in crazy line-ups with only german players (Germany has no international matches) or youth players. If someone can help me with this that would be great:)

At the moment the bottom 4 teams in the MLS groupes are directly relegated. But I like the idea of having a sort of new competition with the teams that are playing for promotion in the NASL. I was thinking of something like again 5 groupes of 8 teams, top 4 stay in MLS or promote to MLS, bottom 4 relegate to NASL or stay in NASL. I haven't been able to get this fixed yet. So instead the teams who ended 3-6 are playing in a massive poule with 20 teams for 10 promotion places, i want them in 5 groupes of 8 with the bottom 4 teams of the MLS groupe stages.

another problem is the Champions League and European League, The teams that are in this competition have to play this game and they keep qualifying over and over again... So next to their regular season they play matches in the Champions league. Which makes no sense because most of those teams are already playing in the MLS

This are the main problems i encounter. There are some other things i'd like to change but don't know how. But those aren't neccesary at the moment. I hope some of you can help me with my database. If i need to post it here you have to help me with that too, because i never uploaded a database.......

After the database is completed and when i;m happy with the end result i would love to post it here so other people can enjoy playing it!:)

So if someone knows how i can get rid of this problem, thanks in advance:)

i would ask graa over at SI, he made an awesome custom USA database, he'll know all the ins and outs.

Can you maybe give me link to his account, can't find him (A)