JUStInCe

Reaction score
i followed the instructions on how to install a skin on the sticky thread and no matter how many times i tried i was unable to get the skin to work.

I have encoutered no problems downloading kits,facepacks,logos and backgrounds but i just could not let the skin to work.

Any solutions to my problem?:(

EDIT:and is there a dark default skin in fm11? i cant find it anywhere

Last edited:
i had the same problem mate exactly, its doin my head in now lol

yeah ive found the same especially since ive updated to 11.2 patch,i did see somewhere that some skins have to have 11.1 patch installed for them to work
i also heard that you may have to put the skin config file on the outside of the skin folder whether thats true or not i dont know i havent tried that,and lastly some skins are missing the config file that tell the game what skin it is and you can make a config file to fix that issue.
but im using my own custom skin now so i havent looked into it too much :D

i followed the instructions on how to install a skin on the sticky thread and no matter how many times i tried i was unable to get the skin to work.

I have encoutered no problems downloading kits,facepacks,logos and backgrounds but i just could not let the skin to work.

Any solutions to my problem?:(

EDIT:and is there a dark default skin in fm11? i cant find it anywhere

Silly question, really, but where are you exporting your skins to? I mean, prior to 1.2 patch, all my skins worked perfectly, and where located at:

"(...)/Football Manager 2011/graphics/skins"

Now, they'll only work at

"(...)/Football Manager 2011/skins"

So, for some reason, the skins folder has completely bypassed the graphics folder...

I'm not sure if this was helpful at all, but, hey, can't blame me for trying..!

Anyway, good luck getting those skins to work, there are some marvellous work of art around here, and they make the game even more enjoyable...

i have no skins folder in my fm also having probalems installing a skin, i also cant seem to find a training folder either, any help ???

I installed mine in documents>football manager> and created a Skins folder. No problems for me. There is a dark FM skin yeah

i have no skins folder in my fm also having probalems installing a skin, i also cant seem to find a training folder either, any help ???
If you don't have a skins folder just make one. Also the training folder is called 'schedules', so create that too.

Been having similar problems, followed the intructions on the sticky thread, ticked all the boxes, followed instructions on numerous YouTube videos and still when I go to change the skins after downloading and extracting one in my 'skins' folder using WinRAR, all I get is FM 2011 skin, FM 2011 dark skin and retro.

No problems with anything else. It gets very annoying when you see people having no problem installing skins, you follow the exact same steps they did & yet it doesn't work for you :S

i am having the same problem its the patch its ****

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I installed mine in documents>football manager> and created a Skins folder. No problems for me. There is a dark FM skin yeah
is that patch 11.1 or 11.2

Im running patch 11.1, and no matter what i do i cant get the skin to load, have followed everything to the letter, I know that apparently you are not supposed to put the skins folder into the data folder, but when i was playing around to see if i could get the skins to work, i put the skins folder into the data folder and it then showed up in the display & sound option, but hangs on 'loading image' etc, put back in FM folder....nothing. ???

Where the **** is the graphics folder i dnt have one what am i doing rong?

Silly question, really, but where are you exporting your skins to? I mean, prior to 1.2 patch, all my skins worked perfectly, and where located at:

"(...)/Football Manager 2011/graphics/skins"

Now, they'll only work at

"(...)/Football Manager 2011/skins"

So, for some reason, the skins folder has completely bypassed the graphics folder...

I'm not sure if this was helpful at all, but, hey, can't blame me for trying..!

Anyway, good luck getting those skins to work, there are some marvellous work of art around here, and they make the game even more enjoyable...

ok i do not like that word and with many people encountering the same problem u can might as well call them silly too and as which folder do i export the skins to, it is the right folder like u have stated. The problem is that the whole application just hangs when i press 'reload skin' in the when the skin is in the folder. Updated to 11.2 already and trying to get the skins to work now. Really hope it works :O

Last edited: