'Project Ajax' - Cruyff and van Gaal's heir

• Thread starter Thread starter jibbers
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4K

jibbers

Reaction score
I started off using Barcelona, I got bored then I chenged to Manchester United, then I got bored. I decidied to try and make AFC Ajax a super power again. Ajax have arich history and I'm not going to bother giving anyone here a history lesson. My target for Ajax was to win the division, as they had the best players there and try and qualify for the last 16 of the CL. Ajax have the best squad in the league, so I wanted to create MY own version of Van Gaal's circulation football. Using space and keeping the ball, but also trying to create as many CCCs as possible and preventing your opponent from attacking. I have seen a lot of tactics here that try to recreate Barcelona's 'tiki taka', this wasn't my aim, Possession football = Tiki Taka. After having a look at multiple possession tactics here and Spending almost a season and a half I think I might have come up with the best tactic I have ever used. I am only testing it with Ajax so it would probably work a lot better for bigger teams.

The results I have had with it are astounding tbh. I won the league, by 1 point while fiddling around with it in my 1st season, I got to the CL final! I beat Arsenal at the emirates and in the group stages, dominated them twice, beat Real Madrid in r16, beat Chelsea convincingly in the semis (dominated them, created like 6 CCCs) and got my **** handed to em 4-1 against Barcelona. Not bad eh. More recently I got paired with Inter in the current Group stages, beat them 5-2 away!

Now I will be using the tactic until the end of his season. I just want to find out whether anyone will test it when I post it in the tactical page. Fire any questions and I'll answer them, will try to add a few screens.

Note this is not in the tactical discussion because I have not uploaded the tcatic.

View attachment 206241

Last edited:
Hi could you please check my thread as I'm trying to recreate van gaal's system aswell but having a couple of problems also could you post more screenshots to show how you're system works and upload the tactic I would really love to try it to see If It can help me improve my version aswell. Please check my new thread and give me tips from you're own knowledge. I want to learn more about how i can implement this great system into the ME. Thanks

Back