harrypal

Reaction score
Project Clarets
View attachment 294943

Aim: Get Promotion

Just got promotion to the Premier League with the Clarets after winning the championship and FA Cup in my very first season in FM13. On the way to the league and cup double we set some incredible club and league records.

You dont believe some of the records we set. I'm gonna show them through some screenshots as I'm a pathetic writer.

On the way to the FA Cup, we beat Manchester United, Liverpool, and Chelsea then Aston Villa in the final. Here are the screenshots

Before the results, here is my team and tactics

View attachment 294945

As you can see, I play a very defensive formation with two skillful wingers with good pace and crossing ability.

Manchester United 1-3 Burnley

View attachment 294944

I still can't believe we achieved this result. Manchester United played a strong side with Rooney, Vidic, Smalling, etc all starting with youngster Angelo Henriques up front. We got a fantastic start with 2-0 up in 20 minutes. Two goals from set pieces, we took that scoreline to halftime successfully then believe it or not scored again just after the halftime, they pulled one back but my lads were incredible strong at the back. Great feeling!

Last edited:
Let me continue my FA Cup success story.

So after an incredible win over Manchester United, we waited for our opponents for the next round and guess what we got our opponent alright, it was Liverpool (away)

We had league games in between the United and Liverpool games, but I rested my key players for the league game just before the Liverpool FA Cup tie and I could use my best team at Anfield. Liverpool started in a typical way with Suarez and Sterling causing all sorts of problems, but thanks to our defense, they couldn't convert their possession into goals and we managed to get a 0-0 draw and obviously a replay at Turf Moor.

Here is what happened in the replay

View attachment 296341

YES!!!! We won. We started it really well and deservedly got the lead through Vokes, but Suarez equalized for them, so it was 1-1 at halftime. We again started in a promising way in the 2nd half, but couldn't score. The game was going towards extra time, but with 10 minutes or something left, I made a change Austin replacing Stanislas and incredibly he got the winner in the last seconds of the game.

I can tell you, that feeling was priceless!

Last edited:
And after beating Manchester United and Liverpool we are on our way to the FA CUP SEMI FINAL at WEMBLEY.

Oh by the way before the Manchester United game, we indeed played some teams on our way, mostly Championship and lower league teams. I dont quite remember who we played.

So, after Manchester United and Liverpool, can you guess who we got in the SEMI final?

CHELSEA!!!

and this is what happend when we played the European champions,

View attachment 297345

YESSS!!! We beat them 3-1, again early goal was important and they down to 10 men at 35, David Luiz sent off. We extended the lead in the 2nd half and played some good football, but Lampard pulled one back with 15 minutes remaining and I thought they would equalize, but Austin scored our 3rd with 7 minutes remaining and made sure our trip back to Wembley for the final. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the game because of Marin and Mata, especially Marin, he was like unstoppable, I thought he was the fastest player in FM 2013. Anyway, we got lucky on numerous occasions.

WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO THE FINAL, WEMBLEY AGAIN AND ASTON VILLA IS OUR OPPONENTS

THE FINAL

Aston Villa vs BURNLEY

This is what happened in the final

View attachment 297335

YESSSS!!!!!! WE WON THE FA Cup, its unbelievable, I never thought this was going to happen, winning a glorious cup like FA CUP after beating all those GIANTS of world football.

My top striker Vokes gave me that first half goal (I strongly recommend Vokes for anyone playing in Championship, league 1 and 2). We took that lead to the half time. After the break, I was expecting an equalizer from Villa, especially becasue Agbanlahor and some other lads causing all sorts of problems for us with pace and skills, but thankfully they got a man sent off for his 2nd yellow and on 65th minute Treacy (who replaced my regular left side Wallace because of injury) extended our lead with a fantastic strike from the edge of the box, 2-0. We were in control after the second goal and we survived some long range efforts from Villa and final whistle at Wembley, Burnley won the FA Cup!!!

View attachment 297338

View attachment 297340