Promise to Strengthen Squad

Montanaro

Reaction score
So I promised my best striker that I would strengthen our squad after I sold our best CB (he wasn't budging on his demands to leave and his contract was going to expire)

So I asked my ST who I should sign, and signed him (helped his insecurity), then I went out and found a CB who is better, and more experienced than the one who was sold and the promise has not been fulfilled.

How on Earth do I keep my promise then? Keep signing CBs untill he likes one?

Yeah I get that all the time... It never works when I sign someone from the same position who is better.. But if you just randomly sign a really good player, the upset guy will say his fears are allayed. I hope they fix this on FM10, or just get rid of it.. It's a rubbish perk to the game.

I honestly don't know how to make him happy... Just try offering him a contract or something.. Or if you keep winning he automatically becomes happy :p

i just dont prmoise them anything, i tell them its my club and i do what i want, then they apologise

yeah i often say ill be signing a replacement as norm i sell a guy to bring a better guy in, or just tell them its my club kinda thing, but i dunno what to do if they are not happy with my replacement i norm either offer them a new contract or just try to win as many games as possible they norm forget if you keep winning :p

Sad thing is he is my captain. He is one of the best strikers in the game ( a regen, I'm playing on 09 btw). and my small club probably doesn't have the resources right now to resign him as he'd easily ask for over $1 million a year.

I didnt have a choice about selling the CB, he was a great player and had over a year on his contract, but my team moral was really really bad and I needed to dump the complainers and earn so resources my squad desperately needed.

Another thing that ****** me off is all the managers fawning over my best players and making them want to leave. Murders morale.