imi

Reaction score
I'm playing with nuovo campobasso from serie C2, after 2 consecutive promotions im now in serie B, but im struggling to get any good results..

In serie C ive used an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 with no wingers, pretty much attacking in middle, quick pace and deep defensive line, went good, scoring lots of goals, also conceded some but not so many..

I've got that tactic prepared for some matches, but for serie B i considered that id get pretty much smashed by rich and old serie A teams, such as torino or bari or lecce for example (well most of them actually) so i made a 4-5-1 counter attack tactic (with a def mid and 2 wingers), slow pace, counter attack activated, man marking (except on wingers and striker which have zonal marking and no tight marking so they can find more holes in defense), anyways, the main problem is, even tough i dont concede much, and get many shoots, i just cant seem to score, nor wingers, nor my striker (who always seem to stay too near the middle of the pitch and always loses the ball to the other defenders when trying to run)..

well, thing is, after a not-so-bad start (winning matches for 1 goal or something, but against good serie B teams) I just started losing or drawing many matches, but not for conceding much, I just CANT score, I sometimes lose the ball before reaching the other area, and when I do, my wingers or striker just shoot and either gets catched by the goalkeeper or hits the woods mostly (which is even more frustrating)

some extra info which I think could be causing this:
--Most of my team are new players (only around 5 players remaining from old team, only 3 on starting XI). However, ive had many pre-season matches and also used high match preparation focusing on teamwork, so i tought that'd help on getting players geled.
--Ive got a new *** man: better stats than old one...
--Maybe my striker is too slow? my striker is Federico Laurito, originally from Udinese reserves... got him on loan first half of last season and he did score a lot, so i signed him for this one.. but now he just wont score (32 hours without scoring already.. lol). And yeah he might be too slow since i sometimes see him catched up by rival CBs..

Any ideas? thanks for reading this long wall of text :mad: i'm just running out of ideas on this.. maybe my counter tactic is just wrong.. idk..

Last edited: