Promotion Cancelled!

Reaction score
After a hard fought season with Carlisle i managed to finish 3rd, goin on to win the playoff semi against Preston and then and extra time win against Stevenage in the final.

View attachment 331984View attachment 331985View attachment 331986

The excitement was soon short lived when my promotion was cancelled due to my stadium needing seating to work inside the league standards and was going to take 10 months to complete!

On last years game when i was Blyth when i came across the same situation but i ground shared with Sunderland for 8 months when stadium was been upgraded when i was goin league 2 to league 1 then i ground shared again With Sunderland when i went into the Championship while stadium was been upgraded.

Why wasnt i offered a ground share plan to allow me to play in the championship next season???

Report it at SI, in real life you're allowed terraces for two seasons to get it all converted so it's ridiculous, as well as ground sharing being permitted.

that is a **** one! never seen that or heard of that before! sorry mate

that is a **** one! never seen that or heard of that before! sorry mate

Released all my older and poor squad players to, now have a squad of about 17 haha, luckily chairman has loaned me £1mil and i have a wage budget of around 25k and transfer budget of 500k

This kinda happened to my local team, in 1998 they were relegated from the conference because the ground didn't meet the reqirements and the consortium who took the club out of receivership 7 years previous wernt prepared to pay anymore money.
That's the highest level we have ever been at and unlikely we will ever get back to that level.
We don't even have a stadium anymore, we share a ground while our old one remains overgrown and decaying, should have a new one next year or the year after or after or aft.........
Shame it's spoiled your save.

This is crazy, my Hebburn Town save they give me middleborough's riverside stadium to play in each time my stadium was being increased. Never seen this. Cant believe you were not given stadium to play in.

I live near Carlisle (well 80 miles from it), could you give me any tip in who to buy or sell?

I basically kept same team, brought in Curtis Good from Newcastle

Gilespie
Simek Good Livesey Chantler
J-P McGovern Noble Berrett Murphy
Miller (TM) Cadermarteri (P)

loan others to bulk team up, i never used any other loan signings as 1st team players, only back up

I basically kept same team, brought in Curtis Good from Newcastle

Gilespie
Simek Good Livesey Chantler
J-P McGovern Noble Berrett Murphy
Miller (TM) Cadermarteri (P)

loan others to bulk team up, i never used any other loan signings as 1st team players, only back up

ah okay cheers :)

**** man the gutting good on you for keeping with the save idk if id have the heart to keep going

Hey guys,

After reporting the bug to SI, they were unfortunatly unable to help me due to the fact my game had saved after the playoff finals, so i bit the bullet and settled down to the hard work of another season in league 1.

View attachment 332406View attachment 332407View attachment 332408View attachment 332409

Finally, promotion gained and because over the last season the stadium is now an all seater and is inline with league regulations.
Championship here i come!

Hey guys,

After reporting the bug to SI, they were unfortunatly unable to help me due to the fact my game had saved after the playoff finals, so i bit the bullet and settled down to the hard work of another season in league 1.

View attachment 332406View attachment 332407View attachment 332408View attachment 332409

Finally, promotion gained and because over the last season the stadium is now an all seater and is inline with league regulations.
Championship here i come!
unlucky first time but very well done geting them up my wife supports the team you are playing with so might try a save with them

Back