Promotion to Premier League

• Thread starter Thread starter GenesisBit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

GenesisBit

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently achieved promotion to the Premier League with Leyton Orient in the year 2016. This was seen was a huge success as nobody gave my team a chance.
I achieved promotion thanks to some very good tactics and my policy to take in a lot of potential young players at the start of the season and use them (like Aston Villa IRL but actually winning matches).

Now my problem, Premier League season has not started yet nor have I been given my budget for the season but many of my top players (notably my two CBs and Striker) are looking for around 10k a week (up from around 2.5k).
This is very steep and I am struggling to offer it to them. I definitely want to keep one of my CBs who won a lot of awards including Young Player of the Year.

Now here is what I can do, sell up and make a lot of money, could make over 10 million due to my huge rise in player value OR spend all my transfer budget on trying to keep my current players who may then have a difficult time in the premier league?

Advice would be welcome!

View attachment 317491View attachment 317492View attachment 317493

Last edited:
Wait until closer to the start of the season. You should get about 25 million quid for TV revenue.

Wait until closer to the start of the season. You should get about 25 million quid for TV revenue.

That would be sweet! My worry though is that these players may not live up to expectation. Is that common when moving up to the premier league?

Not really, the TV rights "given" are given through the season, not all at once in the moment the message shows.

Unless it changes from other leagues/previous versions, which I think is not the case.

I was given 14 million for my budget anyway guys! I was able to very comfortably renew my contracts and buy an 18 year old striker who has stats of around 16+ O_O

I was also given 58 million in TV rights. Is that a lot?

i had a similair issue with bath city, i kpept my championship squad and added a few loan signings and 1 big spend good prem player and managed to finish top 10 first season. Don't underestimate the value of team cohesion

Back