Promotion when Stone Broke?

• Thread starter Thread starter iDood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

iDood

Reaction score
Okay. I'm a big Crystal Palace fan, so on the previous patch (9.2.0) I made a game, managing them. Four seasons in and I'm top of the Premiership. It all seems too easy.. e.g. Signing Bojan for £40 million because I had enough and I didn't need anyone in particular, at the start of the thrid season.

Because of this I started a new game, on the 9.3.0 patch. I got through to January before getting sacked, because I was hanging around at 16th position. My problem was that I had no money whatsoever. I got 40% of the transfer revenue I made, starting with a fairly unreliable squad, meaning that selling players is virtually insignificant.

I am unable to live with the indignity of being sacked so early on, so I'm trying again. Any tips on how to run it this time?

Hey iDood aint seen yuo on the site for ages,

Now you said that with palace with zero money and etc i might give them a go. I havent been palace in ages plus palace have a decent squad to me all thats missing is that ben watson has gone to wigan so they aint got a playmaker oh well..

notihng better than a challenge:).

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Maybe can bring some loan players or some freebies like appiah, mark randall try scout some prem's reserves to try get some loanies.

Last edited:
Haha! Nice to see you again Gat :) I stopped playing for a while but I had a day at home yesterday so I thought I'd try and get back into it.

The big difference was that I was missing Ben Watson and I had no money... that was a bit annoying seeing as he went for £2 million, but Palace start on this patch with £2.5 million less than they had before... Good sign from the game that I got sacked on was that Moses was top scorer in the Chamionship with 12 goals when I got the boot. Play him up top and he's quality. That's just about the only thing I learnt from that game!

Yep just start a palace game right now,

Currently looking at mark randall(arsenal), stephen appiah and getting my scouts to look for a possible left mid department where they lack..

Ah yeah, annoying thing about Appiah is the virus that he has. You can't sign him at the start and then you forget when you can sign him.. Is Mark Randall any good? I've loaned a couple of the Arsenal youngsters out before, but Randall wasn't one of them.. I don't think.

just wait till 30th of july 2008 then sign appiah because he wouldnt fail his medical thingy...

never tried randall before but about to play first game of season against reading(hard game).

Oh yeah, I had a hard start too. Four of my first six league games were Reading at home, and Wolves, Birmingham and Bristol all away. I lost all of them. I lost two of them by one goal, and both of those goals were penalties. :S

Back