Promotions and Relegations

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2K

Frutty

Reaction score

• Coca Cola Championship

Both Newcastle United and West Bromwich Albion have already been promoted back to the Premier League but the Magpies could secure the title on Monday if they take a point at Plymouth Argyle.

Nottingham Forest confirmed their place in the Play-Offs and they are joined by Cardiff City who beat Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road.

At the bottom Peterborough United have already been relegated, after losing to Barnsley on Easter Monday, but who will join them is anyone's guess.

• Coca Cola League One

Norwich City were promoted after their 1-0 win over Charlton Athletic at the Valley. Their fate was sealed after Millwall were beaten by Huddersfield Town and Swindon failed to beat Walsall.

Three points now separate Leeds United, Millwall, Swindon Town and Charlton Athletic and on current form this one looks like it could go down to the wire.

At the other end of the table Stockport County's relegation to League 2 has been confirmed.

• Coca Cola League Two

Both Notts County and Rochdale were promoted following their wins over Morecambe and Northampton Town respectively.

Just a point seperate the two sides at the top of the table and the two meet on Tuesday night when the race for the title will hot up.

Bournemouth edged closer to League 1 with a 2-0 win over Darlington to move eight points clear of Rotherham United in fourth place.

Darlington were relegated on Tuesday despite beating Rochdale, who started the day as league leaders.

The Mariners avoided the drop despite losing 3-0 at home to Torquay United because Barnet, Cheltenham Town and Lincoln City all failed to win against Braddford City, Rotherham United and Shrewsbury Town respectively.

Portsmouth's relegation from the Premier League has already been confirmed so they will be in the Football League next season and they were joined by Stevenage Borough this weekend who secured their promotion from the Blue Square Premier with a 2-0 win at Kidderminster Harriers.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all promoted teams today. Wonder who is going to get the other automatic promotion place in League 1. Leeds are so inconsistent lately.

Havent Leicester also confirmed there Play off spot.

Hope Swindon get promoted,so we can watch Austin get 'em promoted to EPl

Hope Cardiff or Swansea don't get promoted through the play-offs. That would be **** travelling to Wales for the away day.

Hope Cardiff or Swansea don't get promoted through the play-offs. That would be **** travelling to Wales for the away day.

I hope one of the Welsh teams get the play off promotion spot, it would be nice to see one of them representing Wales in the best league in the world. And, andid, Wales is a very nice place, I have been numerous times to Colwyn Bay, Rhyl and Cardiff.

I hope one of the Welsh teams get the play off promotion spot, it would be nice to see one of them representing Wales in the best league in the world. And, andid, Wales is a very nice place, I have been numerous times to Colwyn Bay, Rhyl and Cardiff.

As I said, it was nothing to do with Wales a country just its geographical location.

Hopefully you will have to go to Cardiff because they will have beaten swansea 8000 - 0 in the playoff final

Id rather swansea come up, they play very good football, not the case with cardiff

Not even for a Swansea | Cardiff derby in the EPL?

Back