• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1K

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hello,

So, I got a PS3 today, and I got home set it up ect, ect. And it's all be fine :) But now on the left analog stick when I press it up, and then let go it's still pointing up a little bit. If you get what I mean.

So, when I'm playing COD, and I do run forward, and then let go of the left analog stick, the person still moves forward.

Has anyone had this problem before? And how did you fix it?

Or should I just get a new controller? I don't know what to do XD

Thanks.

I have it on my old xbox controller, it just means you've played it too much and it's just broke as all things do.. I don't know of a way to fix it I just bought a new one :)

... That's usually a sign of too much use. But you got it today?

I'm stumped.

How hard do you press the sticks?!

I have it on my old xbox controller, it just means you've played it too much and it's just broke as all things do.. I don't know of a way to fix it I just bought a new one :)

Played it too much oO) Only had it 2-3 hours XD

... That's usually a sign of too much use. But you got it today?

I'm stumped.

How hard do you press the sticks?!

Don't press it hard, just move it forward, backwards, left and right XD

Try pulling the stick 'up' abruptly, as if you were trying to rip it from the housing. If there is any movement 'upwards' then its become permenantly depressed over time and will settle in this position, so thus is probably knackered.

Im saying all this based on the assumption that its second hand? if its brand new get straight back down the shop.

I get that, Just Push it down and it should work, if not i'm clueless.. :S

Try pulling the stick 'up' abruptly, as if you were trying to rip it from the housing. If there is any movement 'upwards' then its become permenantly depressed over time and will settle in this position, so thus is probably knackered.

Im saying all this based on the assumption that its scond hand? if its brand new get straight back down the shop.

The console is second hand. The controller is new (A)

Go back to your XBox.

The console is second hand. The controller is new (A)

In the packaging was the analog stick lodged forwards? Sustained pressure could lead to that.

I would suggest taking it back for a new one if it's bothering you.

Lol sorry didn't see the bit about it being new. If it is new take it back to the shop. As I think Jake was saying you can pull the PS analogue sticks out of the socket, try doing that as it could just be a bit stuck.

In the packaging was the analog stick lodged forwards? Sustained pressure could lead to that.

I would suggest taking it back for a new one if it's bothering you.

Nope, the controller was laid down flat, and it was fine. :S

I suppose I'll have to :)

u got anything (bits of ****) stuck at the bottom of it, get a needle and just run it round the edge and it might be ok after that.

Are you sure this isn't a cover up for an embaressing erection problem?

;)

Back