• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Reaction score
I hardly use my playstation 3, iv had it for 2 years although a couple of weeks ago when i wanted to play it, it wouldn't read my Fifa10 disk

Iv tried other games
Dvd's
Cd's

it will take the disk into the system, the clock in the top right hand corner looks like its reading it, although no movement or sound can be heard from my playstation.
with an infinite stage of it just never loading

i have no idea what has happened to it.

anyone had the same problem? or know where to go online or elsewhere to sort it out?

Thanks.

Got this of the net for you as im a 360 man:

First try this if it does not work try doing my way of fixing it

This is what the PlayStation Forum says:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System

MY WAY

Sign in

Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option)

go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as well as cookies

check the disc if it has fingerprints or scratches if it does then thats your problem

if you have the 60GB sos mate they have alot of problems

or maybe try this put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it then switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it then put it back on then the fan test should be working this may cool it down

it may be overheating
if this problem still continues go out and buy a inter cooler from a shop

if it STILL CARRIES ON phone up sony
Source(s):

this should work

THANKS a lot JP, in 5 minutes after the man u game. i will give all this a try. and let you know ;)

I havent got the foggiest about consoles and how their set up, computers i can do!

But ye, thanks again... very much appreciated :wub:

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

i have tried the methods above with no result :S

from the restore menu i used
"Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch"

which i assume is the most advanced reset operation.

i used all of your tips too JP, it just doesn't want to load.

im not sure if i have the 60 or not to be honest

i have some decisions to make now. as i i have heard how expensive they are to fix :@

happened to me a few years back, ended up it was something to do with the lasers. try opening up and maybe cleaning it etc.

will a dvd cleaner disk do the same job or no?

i just sent back to sony but mine was in warranty they said the laser burned out maybe its the same problem

will give that a go when i can get hold of one then.
But i suspect it is much more serious than that. I can't here any movement from the disk at all once iv put it in.
It just slides in and sits there :S really is odd.
Considering the lack of use i have had out of it really i am extremely peeved with it just packing up.

on the PS3 website there is a lot about dust and over heating etc.
however i just can't see it causing that much of a problem, to totally stop the disk.

not that i know much at all :S.

i will try the disk thing, then go through JP's steps again. if that all fails then i will have to ring em up and see what they say about it.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

i just sent back to sony but mine was in warranty they said the laser burned out maybe its the same problem

maybe it is the same problem ye :S iv had mine for 2 years and hardly used it. so it better not had burned out!

i will update this thread on whatever happens in my quest for an answer. just in case it helps others with the same ****** problem oO)

Sorry it didnt work,you may need to get in touch with Sony,see what they say.

Cheers JP, was worth a try, so thanks for the advice.

i will get a disk cleaner thingy, try that. have a go at your steps again just out of curiosity...

then will reluctantly given Sony a call.

After what seems an eternity without a PS3 and trying hundreds of different methods i decided to bite the bullet.
I have followed JP's advice, i have called Sony, had a go myself, had others to have a go, i think it is safe to say that my first PS3 brought within the week of its launching is broken.

Yesterday i went up to Cheshire Oaks for the day with the mrs to do some light outlet store shopping ;)
Stumbled across a great deal on PS3's in the Curry's Digital store, so brought it.

I know this is an old thread, but i did say i would update my situation. So here it is i now own a PS3 slim. And im happy as larry to be back in the gaming community outside the mighty FM of course :)

i feel spoilt for choice :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back