Best combination of current & potential ability to create wonderkids?

Matteeee

Reaction score
Title says it all.

I've been having a go with
Current ability as 100, and
Potential ability as 200, but it didn't turn out that well.

Anyone?

any player who's young with 200 potential with the right training can become a wonderkid, doesn't matter about the current ability

Well, you can try 190 current. Chances are he will reach his potential :)

Wow quick answers!

Thanks a lot. :)

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Another quick question:

Why is there a -1 to -10 thingy on potential ability?
You'd think it means that they get worse a lot, but if that'd be true then how welbeck's got -1 on potential a?

i didn't think they still had that, it just means that there potential is alot, so -1 is possibly about 101. im not sure though

I've found that even with the best trainers and facilities you can't raise CA by more than about 75, so figure out where you want your kid to be and - 75

Well if you want him to be insane, and end up with a CA of 200, start him off at 125 CA, however, anything above 170 is "wonderkid" so you could start off at 95

Ok..

I've been testing this a bit, and it seems most of the players I've made don't really progress at all the first year, for some the skills have even gone down a bit!

Have I done something wrong or should I just have more patience?

I think you're like me, no patience at all. :) It's just the first year, don't expect them to be instant stars, especially if they're very young. This is exactly why I choose to make "current superstars" with 200CA instead of waiting for "future wonderkids".

I play mostly with teams from my homeland Finland,

so if they'd be world class players in the beginning I wouldn't be able to keep them before all big clubs would come knocking on my door.

put PA 200 and CA - 10
an put your attributes like u want them ; P

PA -10 is the best possible potential for a player. Try that

You see, no player can be perfect and end up with every stat at 20. If you set PA to 200, and CA to 170, don't touch his stats as the game will sort things out for you. It's a lot easier to just creat a good player, rather than a wonderkid, especially if you have little or no patience. Also, I tend to use Tugs' training schedule, or one of the other highly rated ones on here.

to make them develop fully your gonna need to actually play them quite regularly and give them really good training, also make sure you have good coaches. tutoring may also help

Usefull threat I allways wondered about PA in relation to CA. Think I'll have a meess about before I start my real game once FM10 comes out.