Psycho1970's European Super League

• Thread starter Thread starter psycho1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

psycho1970

Reaction score
Psycho1970’s European Super League

After months of negotiations between UEFA and the independent European nations FA’s it has been decided to revamp the European club continent competitions and introduce a European Super League to run alongside the 32 nations League structures. Also making a return is the Cup Winners Cup. The top 28 teams from each nation will compete in the European Super League.​
The English FA have also decided to add 4 more leagues to their structure which will Consist of B teams from the current Premier and Championship Leagues, These Clubs will not be able to gain promotion outside of the “B” Leagues structure but will be legible for their domestic cups.​
European Nations in the European Super League

England, Spain, Germany, Italy​
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic​
Denmark, Finland, France, Greece​
Holland, Ukraine, Iceland, Switzerland​
Israel, Norway, Poland, Republic of Ireland​
Portugal, Romania, Russia, Northern Ireland​
Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia​
Sweden, Turkey, Wales, Hungary

The National League Structures

The only Nation to have had a re-structure is England, All nations run as normal​
England

Level 1- 6
As Normal​
Level 7
Has been activated (promotion to level 6 is 1 up automatically from each sub-division and 2 up via Play-offs) No teams relegated from this level​
Level 8-11
“B” Team Divisions, No promotion from level 8, 2 up 2 down level 9-10 no relegation from level 11

Cups

All cups run as normal apart from “B” teams are now entered in early rounds

The European Super League System

The 28 top teams from the above Nations compete in a 11 Level league system based in England

European Super Elite 16 teams 4 teams relegated​
European Championship (2 sub-divisions) 2 up 3 down per sub-division​
European Challenge League 1 (3 sub-divisions) 2 up 2 down per sub-division​
European Challenge League 2 (4 sub-divisions) 1 up Auto 1 in P/O 2 down per sub division​
European Challenge League 3 (4 sub-divisions) 2 up 2 down per sub-division​
European Challenge League 4 (6 sub-divisions) 1 up Auto 1 in P/O 2 down per sub-division​
European Gauntlet League 1 (6 sub-divisions) 2 up 2 down per sub-division​
European Gauntlet League 2 (6 sub-divisions) 2 up 2 down per sub-division​
European Gauntlet League 3 (8 sub-divisions) 1 up Auto 1 in P/O 2 down per sub-division​
European Gauntlet League 4 (8 sub-divisions) 2 up 2 down per sub divisions​
European Underdogs (8 sub-divisions) 2 up no relegation

European Continental Competitions

European Champions Cup
The Winner of the National Top leagues (32 teams)​
Group Stage (4 teams per stage) 2 Qualify​
1st Round (2 legs)​
Quarter Finals (2 legs)​
Semi Finals (2 legs)​
Final (1 leg)

European Cup Winners Cup
The Winner of the National FA Cup (32 teams)​
1st Round (2 legs)​
2nd Round (2 legs)​
Quarter Finals (2 legs)​
Semi Finals (2 legs)​
Final (1 leg)

European Cup
The 2nd and 3rd Teams of the National Top Leagues​
1st Round (2 legs)​
2nd Round (2 legs)​
3rd Round (2 legs)​
Quarter Finals (2 legs)​
Semi Finals (2 legs)​
Final (1 leg)

Installation Instructions

Extract Zip file to C:\Documents and Settings\Psycho\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\editor data​
Start New Game​
Change db if more than 2 files are loaded (select Psycho1970’s ESL and Psycho1970’s ESL Euro Comps​
Select England on Nations screen and any other Nations you want (teams will only be playable if their nation is selected)​
Select “B” League 4 for England in Leagues Screen and the 2nd League of the other nation/s(for full 28 teams in ESL)​
For more players from nations to be active choose custom db size and add nations you wish to have players from or Top clubs from Europe.

Credit
Thank you Essahomez from Sortitoutsi.for the inspiration for the idea of using secondary divisions for the ESL league structure.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Great work, but how did CSKA finish above Madrid in the first season?! :P

Think I'll give this a go

In one of the holiday save test games I ran I saw Real Madrid and Man Utd get relegated from the Super Elite Division.

One of the things I thought about changing is the European Champions Cup, to have KO rounds from the beginning to reduce number of games through the season if 20+ people like this post I will make an alternative Euro Comps Db.

Back