Reaction score
Pulling The Strings

View attachment 87016

First of all, this is the first tactic I have released on here. It is not perfect and I think it needs some work, although I'm not an FM or tactical expert. Nevertheless, I've had some nice results with it and it has potential to be better than it currently is.

If anyone can improve the tactic then that would be appreciated.

The current issues with the tactic that I've discovered:
- Not many clean sheets.
- Penalties conceded often.
- Striker form fizzes out, they are clinical at the start of the season but score less after a few months.
- Inconsistent results sometimes, it is harder to score away to defensive teams.

Sorry but I have only used it with my current save (Inter) and because I'm so bad at the game I am yet to win anything. XD
Season 1: 2nd (lost Europa League final) - used a different tactic
Season 2: 2nd (lost Champion League last 16 vs Real)
Season 3: 1st (in progress currently)

Players

Sweeper Keeper:
All you need is a reliable goalkeeper.

Wing Backs:
These are important roles - they will be suppyling the forwards with crosses and attacking themselves. My wingbacks were high scorers too, the right wingback is especially good.

Ball Playing Defenders:
Being the main defensive unit on your team, these need to be talented. If they are slow, they will be exploited on the counter. They chip in with the occasional goal from set pieces and of course they play balls in to the attacking outlets.

Ball Winning Midfielder:
They win the ball in the middle and supply it to the right wing back, igniting your counter attacks. Crucial position.

Box-To-Box Midfielder:
Often a goalscoring threat, the box-to-box midfielder surges forward and creates space for the wide players by drawing the opposition to him.

Attacking Midfielder:
The attacking midfielder links the midfield to the strikers, playing them through as well as spraying balls out wide for the wing backs. This player usually assists a lot.

Poacher:
The poacher scores the most goals as well as assisting some for his strike partner. He is a deadly threat in the box when balls are crossed in for him.

Advanced Forward:
Perhaps a more abstract role, the advanced forward does anything that is asked upon him. He can spearhead attacks, but finds himself poaching on loose balls in the box.

Training

Preseason:
Train in all three slots. Fitness (high) and match tactics.

Season:
Once fully fluid, I'm not sure what the best is to train.

Last edited:
Im gonna give this a shout mate! I will report back!