hidude454

Reaction score
I just started playing FM16, so I'm a newbie and am not sure if this is possible or not.
Say that I'm playing against a worse team that decides to perform more aggressive tackling to stop my attacks and therefore picks up a lot of yellow cards/fouls. Is there a way to punish this (i.e. trying to win penalties, bait red cards, play more confidently, etc.) without possibly reducing the quality of my defense? Thanks!
And another thing - I have a central defender (Sokratis Papastathopoulos) who is currently rated at 3.5 star quality for my first team, but no matter where I put him he only has a 2.5 star role ability at most. Why is this, and how can I fix it?

Last edited:
I just started playing FM16, so I'm a newbie and am not sure if this is possible or not.
Say that I'm playing against a worse team that decides to perform more aggressive tackling to stop my attacks and therefore picks up a lot of yellow cards/fouls. Is there a way to punish this (i.e. trying to win penalties, bait red cards, play more confidently, etc.) without possibly reducing the quality of my defense? Thanks!
And another thing - I have a central defender (Sokratis Papastathopoulos) who is currently rated at 3.5 star quality for my first team, but no matter where I put him he only has a 2.5 star role ability at most. Why is this, and how can I fix it?

Sorta depends on the player and how the team is set up around him, but setting OIs to close him down and tackle harder can sometimes further unnerve a player. I tend to have more success in either hyper possessive systems or high press. Both limit how much time the opponent has the ball for, so either chasing a ball around or constantly being hassled does take a toll mentally on a player. So you just have to do things that would tick them off a bit more, like harder tackling.

It's easier to do when the opposing player lacks Determination, is Tempermental, low Teamwork, or bad at Tackling.