ekard

Reaction score
I've heard that FM 2012 was the last version of the FM series worth playing, and besides the team I fancy managing were in better shape back then.

I appreciate it's outdated but I was surprised to see you can't purchase the game from the Steam store anymore? I thought downloading the demo would offer the option to 'upgrade to full game' but alas nope.

If I purchase a unused CD copy of the game, will Steam be able to update it to the latest database, or will I need to scrabble around on download sites for it?

Last edited:
I've heard that FM 2012 was the last version of the FM series worth playing

Not at all. What it is is the most POLISHED version of the game there's ever been, but there were so many broken things about it that it, like a badly-healed bone, had to be re-broken and built back from scratch in order to be improved.

Steam would probably update it to 12.3 (or whatever was the end version) but if not it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I've already purchased a Steam key for the game, however it's no longer possible to download this game from Steam.

Try it yourself, type 'Football Manager 2012 Steam' into Google. It'll redirect you to the Steam homepage. :(

I noticed that as well but bought the game anyway like a month ago and I just introduced the key and the download started.

Have you tried redeeming the key?