• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
I first heard about this on Talksport this morning, and initially I thought "sounds like cobblers", then I came across this courtesy of The Guardian:

Heat could cause 2022 World Cup in Qatar to be a game of three halves | Football | guardian.co.uk

To be honest, I'm inclined to believe the guy, who's in charge of the zero-carbon solar technology that will cool the 12 stadiums . He seems to know a lot more, about the risks to players from heat, than an organisation that is pretty much, very untrustworthy and is more interested lining their own pockets. What's more intruiging, is the fact that FIFA have "not discussed this possibility". Which to me, sounds like they're pretty much not arsed about player well being.

However it does show one thing. When it comes to organising something, FIFA could not organise a ****-up in a brewery. I enjoy the World Cup (when done fairly), but not when it jeapordises the well being of players.

I saw this earlier and it made me laugh so much i didnt even want to make a thread on it lol. Absolute joke, you see what Fifa have done by giving these clowns the World Cup!! It was fully air-conditioned stadiums first and then the artificial cloud (what the ****) and now this bollocks. Why all the FA's still back Fifa i do not understand it at all, i understand the smaller nations but all the well known nations need to grow a pair and pull out of this World Cup. If all the big nations pull out then Fifa will lose all the big major sponsors and will be forced to move the World Cup to a place that can actually stage one without so much ****.

Last edited:
i saw this earlier and it made me laugh so much i didnt even want to make a thread on it lol. Absolute joke, you see what Fifa have done by giving these clowns the World Cup!! It was fully air-conditioned stadiums first and then the artificial cloud (what the ****) and now this bollocks. Why all the FA's still back Fifa i do not understand it at all, i understand the smaller nations but all the well known nations need to grow a pair and pull out of this World Cup. If all the big nations pull out then Fifa will lose all the big major sponsors and will be forced to move the World Cup to a place that can actually stage one without so much ****.

Agreed totally. This does go ahead, it'll open a huge can of worms. Like you I thought it was a joke. Thought I'd slept too long and thought it was April 1st. Absolutely ridiculous. Imagine the uproar from tv companies if it did happen?

Kind of defeats the point of being a half if there's 3 of them. Also, how do you decide kick offs? When there's 2, each gets a single kick off. With 3 sets of play one team will get a *slight* advantage.

Why can't they just build closed roof stadia, and then the engineering to keep them air conditioned is relatively simple.

Kind of defeats the point of being a half if there's 3 of them. Also, how do you decide kick offs? When there's 2, each gets a single kick off. With 3 sets of play one team will get a *slight* advantage.

Why can't they just build closed roof stadia, and then the engineering to keep them air conditioned is relatively simple.

tisk tisk tisk. *shakes head*. Because you forget the important thing. That would be too sensible. Only people with common sense would do that.

tisk tisk tisk. *shakes head*. Because you forget the important thing. That would be too sensible. Only people with common sense would do that.

Qatar should be forced to adapt to us, not the other way round. They have by far enough money to engineer the stadia correctly, and there are multiple other countries that could host it without altering the fundamental principles of football. How is making it 30 minute periods of play even a solution? Someone can get injured through extensive effort in that sort of heat in less time than that. What about players like Park? He'll never be able to put the same work ethic in as under regular conditions, so are we supposed to completely alter tactics as well to suit them?

Can't wait for the shitstorm once a player gets injured from heat stroke, though; FIFA would be screwed.

Qatar should be forced to adapt to us, not the other way round. They have by far enough money to engineer the stadia correctly, and there are multiple other countries that could host it without altering the fundamental principles of football. How is making it 30 minute periods of play even a solution? Someone can get injured through extensive effort in that sort of heat in less time than that. What about players like Park? He'll never be able to put the same work ethic in as under regular conditions, so are we supposed to completely alter tactics as well to suit them?

Can't wait for the shitstorm once a player gets injured from heat stroke, though; FIFA would be screwed.

Sadly it maybe these sort of situations, that will finally be FIFA's downfall. I don't wish it on any player, but if something like that happened, the damage to FIFA could well be irreperable.

no comments from me really... I had given up on FIFA long ago

There is one solution to this, get rid of FIFA and start up a new global football body that has people in it who know a bit about football. Problem is that it won't happen for a while

I saw this earlier and it made me laugh so much i didnt even want to make a thread on it lol. Absolute joke, you see what Fifa have done by giving these clowns the World Cup!! It was fully air-conditioned stadiums first and then the artificial cloud (what the ****) and now this bollocks. Why all the FA's still back Fifa i do not understand it at all, i understand the smaller nations but all the well known nations need to grow a pair and pull out of this World Cup. If all the big nations pull out then Fifa will lose all the big major sponsors and will be forced to move the World Cup to a place that can actually stage one without so much ****.

I just posted this to my Brother and the convo went.

Bro: Yer we should do that get all the big nations to pull out and then we dont and then we will actually win it
Me: Never, we will still proberly lose on penaltys to Gabon or someone like that!!

Glad to hear this was looked at before Qatar won there bid. I'm sure it won't come to this so as Qatar must have teams that play normal 90 minute games without too many problems.

Don't see it happening but this is just absolutely pathetic.

Relocate the ******* World Cup, I don't care who it goes to, as long as they have the infrastructure to handle the occasion.

Glad to hear this was looked at before Qatar won there bid. I'm sure it won't come to this so as Qatar must have teams that play normal 90 minute games without too many problems.

Their teams have lived and worked in that climate their whole lives though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back