• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 896

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Queens Park Rangers sign England striker Jay Bothroyd on a free transfer.

More...

Everton should have tried to get him

Good signing for them, if anyone can sort out his lazyness and the time he spends on the floor its Warnock

All the Best Jay...

Jay Bothroyd won't keep you up. No idea where the popularity came from all of a sudden, he is the same player he was six years ago. Donkey!

Good signing IMO. Very good touch and technique. Plus he's lost some of the unpredictability he had a few years ago. Give him the right service and he is a PL quality player.

Good signing, will provide something upfront other than Helguson, Mackie and Agyemang. He won't single-handedly keep the Hoops up, but he will be a massive help to try.

Jay Bothroyd won't keep you up. No idea where the popularity came from all of a sudden, he is the same player he was six years ago. Donkey!

Good Post, from my experience at Cardiff, good Championship player but can still get lost then, doubt he'll make the step up from QPR but leaves with my best wishes

he's free so can't complain too much but they still need to score a proven goalscorer. He could be a decent rotational striker

Disappointed we didnt get him tbh, exactly the type of player we need and I thought it was all but a done deal 2 weeks ago.

Had a decent spell last season but that was about it, cant see him doing much in the Prem but for a free i supose it makes sence.

Guys come on,

This is a 'full International' for the 4th best International team in the world...

How he got that cap I do not know, would rather Capello called up Wickham if we were desperate.

But now everyone on Radio/Media call him a 'Full England International'?!?!

If he was that good of a free agent Everton would have moved for him...

Guys come on,

This is a 'full International' for the 4th best International team in the world...

How he got that cap I do not know, would rather Capello called up Wickham if we were desperate.

But now everyone on Radio/Media call him a 'Full England International'?!?!

If he was that good of a free agent Everton would have moved for him...

Haha clutching to straws of what. It was like when media revert to Michael Ricketts as former England player lol. They dont do it for Nugent, either do it for all of them or none lol.

Bothroyd will be this summers Joe Cole.

Wayyy over hyped by the press as being a 'bargain' and just failing/mediocrity.

But don't even get me started on Joe Cole and last summers ridiculous hype about him...

Not bad a free-Transfer, however Warnock certainly can't expect Bothroyd to score goals that keep QPR Up. Front-Line and other area's will still need boosting, probably from someone with PL Expierence. Not sure why people are calling him "****" before he's kicked a ball for the club really- A Free Transfer is a bargain for a player like Bothroyd, lets wait for the season to start first before we judge on a player with a good championship record.

Good Post, from my experience at Cardiff, good Championship player but can still get lost then, doubt he'll make the step up from QPR but leaves with my best wishes

Sorry,I was just stating my opinion, didn't realise I was in a debate. Let's look at this well sought after England international’s record over the years...

2000–2003 Coventry City 72 (14)
2003–2005 Perugia 28 (5)
2004–2005 → Blackburn Rovers (loan) 11 (1)
2005–2006 Charlton Athletic 18 (2)
2006–2008 Wolverhampton Wanderers 55 (12)
2008 → Stoke City (loan) 4 (0)
2008–2011 Cardiff City 116 (41)
2011– Queens Park Rangers 0 (0)

His scoring record is poor,Does he have an all round game? not to me, has some pace, I'll give him that.

Decent at Cardiff but not what I would expect from an England International. Fair enough if you rated him at Cardiff, I have only watched him a dozen times or so in the last year but like I said originally, just the same player that he always has been.

Disappointed we didnt get him tbh, exactly the type of player we need and I thought it was all but a done deal 2 weeks ago.

Better off with what you have, save yoursefl paying 15k+ a week on wages for someone who won't add anything different. Plus you have about 8 strikers as it is.

Bothroyd will be this summers Joe Cole.

Wayyy over hyped by the press as being a 'bargain' and just failing/mediocrity.

But don't even get me started on Joe Cole and last summers ridiculous hype about him...

Should have accepted the new contract his "boyhood club" offered him!! Still love the man though.

Better off with what you have, save yoursefl paying 15k+ a week on wages for someone who won't add anything different. Plus you have about 8 strikers as it is.

Well Rass is on the way out and we need another big striker that can play on pitches like Motherwell and ICT.
We have 5 1st team strikers including Rass, with the likes of Spence and Keatings looking to break though. Lennon has said that striker is one of the positions we will be looking at and id rather get someone like Bothroyd on a free than pay a few million for someone who isnt going to get many games like we did with Murphy.

We should have challenged yous for John Sutton (im actually serious.)

Sorry,I was just stating my opinion, didn't realise I was in a debate. Let's look at this well sought after England international’s record over the years...

2000–2003 Coventry City 72 (14)
2003–2005 Perugia 28 (5)
2004–2005 → Blackburn Rovers (loan) 11 (1)
2005–2006 Charlton Athletic 18 (2)
2006–2008 Wolverhampton Wanderers 55 (12)
2008 → Stoke City (loan) 4 (0)
2008–2011 Cardiff City 116 (41)
2011– Queens Park Rangers 0 (0)

His scoring record is poor,Does he have an all round game? not to me, has some pace, I'll give him that.

Decent at Cardiff but not what I would expect from an England International. Fair enough if you rated him at Cardiff, I have only watched him a dozen times or so in the last year but like I said originally, just the same player that he always has been.

Woah pal, not a debate i said you made a good post then i gave my opinion wasnt back at you, i said i dont think he can make the step up

Woah pal, not a debate i said you made a good post then i gave my opinion wasnt back at you, i said i dont think he can make the step up

Ahh Sorry. I thought you were being sarcastic, my bad. Sorry to have hit back at ya, just thought you were hitting out because my post was vague, which is why I expanded on it. Hope I haven't offended you, wasn't my intention.

Back