garthy1706

Reaction score

Ludere Causa Ludendi or for the sake of playing is the motto of Scottish 3rd Division Team Queen's Park. This basically means that all there players are on Amatuer Contracts and there players don't get paid. The main downside of this though is any club can offer a contract to a player and if they accept they move for no fee. This has been hard coded into the game as well so even if you move up the leagues you will still as an Amatuer Team. With this is mind I am going to try and takle the club as far as possible. I can only do this though by getting free transfers as I am pretty sure you can't buy players. It will be a tough challenge but one I am looking forward to.

After a busy pre-season where nearly all my players were wanted and a few left we are now at the start of the season. Virtually every day I had an email to say that a club had offered a contract to one of my players. Thankfully not all players that were offered contracts left, and we also strengthened our side with a number of signings.

We played 2 matches as well. Both were in the cup, first up we played Berwick in the Challenge Cup then we faced Cowdenbeath in the League Cup.

Berwick Rangers 0-2 Queen's Park
Raofat, Shankland

Queen's Park 0-3 Cowdenbeath​

It was the month of August and we kicked off our league campaign with a couple of games. We also played Raith Rovers in the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup.

League
Queen's Park 1-1 Annan AthleticG
Gary Smith

Challenge Cup
Queen's Park 3-4 Raith Rovers
Alex Williams (3)

League
Stirling 1-2 Queen's Park
Gary Smith, Alan Urquhart

We had a couple of decent results in the league and we almost caused an upset in the Challenge Cup. I would love to get promoted in the league but my main aim is not to finish bottom, so I can then get a lot of good freebies at end of the season and then push on.

View attachment 287594

After a fairly good start to the season I wanted us to maintain the good form we started off with. Even though no one can get relegated I didn't want to be fighting for the wooden spoon. James Brough signed for Cowdenbeath on deadline day but I managed to sign 2 defenders to cover for his loss.

League
Queen's Park 3-1 East Stirilingshire
Alex Williams (2), Gary Smith

League
Berwick 1-1 Queen's Park
Michael Keenan

League
Queen's Park 3-3 Elgin City
Sean Burns (2), Lawrence Shankland

Scottish Cup
Queen's Park 2-0 Newton Stewart
O.G, Sean Burns

We had a decent month. We remained unbeaten and progressed in the cup but we should have really beaten Berwick. Our good form has seen us rise to 2nd in the league behind Rangers. It would be nice to stay there but I can't see it happening at the moment.

View attachment 287615