garthy1706

Reaction score

Queens Park FC currently play in the Scottish Third Division. They are currently the only amateur club in the Scottish League; their amateur status is reflected by their motto, Ludere Causa Ludendi – to play for the sake of playing. This means that any player they sign is on an Amateur contract which means they wont get paid a wage, they just have their expenses paid for. They play at Hampden Park which is also the home of the Scottish National Side so if the club can get into the SPL then the revenues they received from Gate Receipts will greatly help there financial situation.

For this SOMS I am going to try and win everything there is with Queens Park under there strict guideline of only offering Amateur contracts. It is going to be a very long and hard challenge but one that is going to be very enjoyable and should be fun trying to win the league by signing players on free transfers and using youth players.

I have been very busy bringing in new players ahead of the new season. I have brought in no fewer than 12 players. 11 free transfers and 1 loan player. I have brought in a mix of youth and experience which I think will help us this season. With the players I have brought in I think we have a great chance of getting to play offs and if we play to our full potential then I don't see any reason why we can't win the league. The main aim for me though this season is to get to the play offs and not to disgrace ourselves in the cups.

View attachment 145030

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

View attachment 145031

We played very well on all of our friendly matches and were unlucky to lose against the Motherwell Reserves. We were fantastic though against Coleraine and to win 11-2 is something in itself. If we can perform like for the majority of the season then I will be a very happy manager come the end of the season.

Nice mate. Will be following ) Check mine out. Jose Mourinho's ever growing trophy cabinet.

Good tough challenge. Will follow. Please check and comment on my story AFC Wimbledon - The Rise of the Wombles, when u get time.

Thanks

Before the League starts in August there are 2 Cup matches that we need to play. The first match is against Annan Athletic in the 1st round of the Challenge Cup and then we play Raith in the first round of the League Cup. We can beat Annan if we play well but I just want a good showing against Raith as I can't imagine we will beat them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

View attachment 145442

We have managed to get through to the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup thanks to a emphatic 5-2 against Annan Athletic. We got off to a fantastic start and after 10 minutes we were 2-0 thanks to new signings David Hutton and Sam Simmonds. We then took our foot off the gas and by half time it was 2-2. At half time I told them they had nothing to lose and go out and enjoy themselves in the 2nd half and they did just exactly that. Sam Simmonds scored his 2nd of the game in the 53rd minute before another 2 new signings scored. Frank Lagana scored the first to make it 4-2, before Jamil Adam scored in the 92nd minute to wrap the game up.

I didn't expect anything from today's game and that is exactly what happened as we were easily beaten 5-1. We held our own for the first half an hour before Raith scored 3 goals in 9 minutes to lead at half time 3-0. We started well in the 2nd half and pulled a goal back when David Hutton scored his 2nd goal in an many games to make it 3-1. Raith never looked like we were going to get back in it and 2 goal in the last 10 minutes made sure that they went away with the win.

Only players with no wage?! That's gonna be a long, hard challange... will follow mate, looks good :)
Check out my story too, its at my sig :D

Now it was time for the start of the League Campaign. In the month of August we have 4 league games. These are against East Stirlingshire, Montrose, Stranraer and and Berwick. We also have First Division side Partick Thistle in the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup. I don't see us progressing any further in the Cup but am confident we can make a good start to the League.

Scottish 3rd Division

East Stirlingshire 0 - 2 Queens Park

We got the League Campaign off to the perfect start with a win away at East Stirlingshire. It was a very cagey first half with a lot of players still trying to find there feet early on in the season. At half time like the Annan game I just told them to go out there and enjoy there football and it worked a treat again as in the 52nd minute Frank Lagana scored to make it 1-0. The game wasn't wrapped up however though until the 90th minute when Andy Millen scored his first of the season.

Scottish Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Queens Park 0 - 4 Partick Thistle

We were heavily beaten today by Partick Thistle but I didn't expect anything else. We didn't start particularly well and fell behind in the 12th minute. Things stayed like that until the half hour mark when they scored a 2nd and 9 minutes later they added a 3rd to make it 3-0 at half time. I couldn't say much to them at half time as we all knew we werent going to get anything out of the game. We played much better in the 2nd half and nearly managed to keep a clean sheet for the 2nd half but Partick scored in the last minute to make it 4-0.

Scottish 3rd Division

Montose 2 - 3 Queens Park

View attachment 145546

We managed to make it 2 wins out of 2 today as we beat Montrose 3-2. There were a good number of chances in the first half it was just neither team could take them. In the 2nd half it looked like the players had there scoring boots on as Montrose opened the scoring in the 55th minute to make it 1-0. It didn't take us too long to get back on level terms through Jamie Longworth. Montrose then re took the lead in the 71st minute. It looked like the game was heading for a Montrose win until we managed to score 2 goals in injury time to make it 3-2. Andy Millen scored the first in the 92nd minute before Jamie Longworth got his 2nd of the game in the 94 minute.

Scottish 3rd Division

Queens Park 1 - 1 Stranraer

View attachment 145548

Today we dropped our first points of the season as we drew 1-1 with Stranraer. Just like our opening 2 games of the season there were no goal in the first half. We managed to take the lead in the 51st minute though when Jamil Adam scored. It looked like we could be heading for another victory until Stranraer scored in the 85th minute to level the game.

Scottish 3rd Division

Berwick Rangers 2 - 5 Queens Park

View attachment 145544

We got back to winning ways today we beat Berwick 5-2. There were goal in the first half of this game. Both of them coming from us through Jamil Adam and Jamie Longworth. We made it 3-0 in the 65th minute when Jamie Longworth got his 2nd of the game. Two minutes later Berwick pulled a goal back. Any hopes of a comeback from Berwick were dashed with 2 goals in the space of 10 minutes from David Hutton and Sean Burns to make it 5-1. Berwick did however pull another goal back in the 82nd minute to make it 5-2.