Queiroz questions referee Wiley

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 434

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United assistant boss Carlos Queiroz is furious with referee Alan Wiley after the defeat at Chelsea.

More...

Meh well theres was a penalty, but we should have had one aswell. Wiley must have seen ******* actually shoving and molestering Ronaldo...i know u get it at corners all the time but what he was doing took the ****. Still, its stupid, and I don't like to say this but it is stupid of Fergie and Quieroz to blame the ref for us losing.

I know fergie likes to protect his players but im disappointed in the way he criticised the penalty decision for them. Carricks handball was the same, if not worse, as the one given v Gallas a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully we can recover from what is a massive blow to beat Barca, becuase if we do, we will win the league. If we struggle v barca aswell, Wham could cause an upset and give Chelsea the advantage. Its ****** close....

TBH i was delighted that the mancs lost but in the play i didnt actually know that there was a hand ball. You have to see the replay slowed down to see the ball hit his hand. And even then there is an issue of intent. I'm not an expert on rules but ive heard people say that it states that penalties in the box are given for deliberate hand balls and a yellow card is issued....doesn't make much sense. I suppose the issue surrounds distance etc. It appears that Carrick moves his arm towards the ball but whether he is trying to make his hand a part of his body so he doesn't hand ball per see is unknown.

I havn't seen it, his arm was just off my screen lol :(

lol, well if the ball was off the screen at the same time, then it his his arm :P

which it did :(

maybe we were hard done but generally Chelsea deserved it...its not the like the ref had a total howler

Saw it on MOTD. To me it did look like Carrick was trying to lower his arm and it hit it just as his arm was going behind his leg. Unlucky, but still a penalty.

yeah i think it was a penalty, no need to have his arm there and he had enough time to move it

Back