Question about a tactic and progression through seasons.

Kanij1980

Reaction score
I started off in Colombia for a 2-3 seasons, QPR offered a position and I took it. Managed to get that promoted first season. Half-way through I found myself as close as 4th place, but sat around 7th for the majority of the first half.... Then boom. After the January transfer window everything has gone downhill. Same players, tactic. I went from haven't lost a game in 7 to haven't won a game in 8. No idea why. Does the AI develop against your tactic? do you have to constantly change it around to be productive?

I started off in Colombia for a 2-3 seasons, QPR offered a position and I took it. Managed to get that promoted first season. Half-way through I found myself as close as 4th place, but sat around 7th for the majority of the first half.... Then boom. After the January transfer window everything has gone downhill. Same players, tactic. I went from haven't lost a game in 7 to haven't won a game in 8. No idea why. Does the AI develop against your tactic? do you have to constantly change it around to be productive?

The AI does adjust its tactic according to the situation. I have seen Bayern SWITCH between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 in my save. We need to be adaptive.

You don't need to change your approach, if it is the right one. That said, you need quite a lot of knowledge to properly setup a tactic, and buy the proper players for it. And even then, you wont win all games, until you have players superior to oppositions. It's a tough game. If I might give a hint, google about 4-2-3-1 deep formation, and how it is set up properly. I think it is the best formation in the world atm.

You don't need to change your approach, if it is the right one. That said, you need quite a lot of knowledge to properly setup a tactic, and buy the proper players for it. And even then, you wont win all games, until you have players superior to oppositions. It's a tough game. If I might give a hint, google about 4-2-3-1 deep formation, and how it is set up properly. I think it is the best formation in the world atm.

I've been running 4141. Have done well considering. As far as that 4231 Deep. I could see it being possible if I sell a few players. Going to look into it.