Question about centre backs and tackling

• Thread starter Thread starter barcelonic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

barcelonic

Reaction score
Im at a top Premiership club and so most of my centre backs have a tackling attribute of 15 or higher.

Trouble is I have two (one in particular) such players who are awesome in the air, fast as ****, and concentration, positioning etc... all amazing too.

On paper they seem like the perfect defenders but their one drawback is that their tackling attributes are 11 (both of them).

Now if you were managing a title-challenging team like I am how much of an issue do you see this being?

There are so many important attributes for central defenders, and as I said these fellas are top-quality all-round defenders who excel in almost every area, but I would assume tackling is the most important.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Pair a high-tackler with your other defenders

Might be worth putting the hight tackler as a limited stopper if that's all he's good at

Pair a high-tackler with your other defenders

Might be worth putting the hight tackler as a limited stopper if that's all he's good at

No my good tacklers are also awesome too. One of them lacks speed but makes up for it in anticpation and I have an awesome all-rounder CB who i use as 'cover' when im not playing offside trap. He's also tall and great in the air.

Thanks for the advice tho - i guess you feel its not TOO much of an isue then? I guess Ill maybe use him in less in the big games when the opposition uses pacy strikers instead of tall aerial ones.

Back