Question about Finances

• Thread starter Thread starter meguel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 809

meguel

Reaction score
So as Newcastle I finished 3rd last season and managed to Negotiate contracts with Leandro Damiao by using installments to pay for the cost so I signed him for 26M using installments and now I've got Cavani because he was offered to me for 26M. So the question is will buying these 2 players by installments damage Newcastles finances that much? And if it does will Mike Ashley leave or will I be forced to sell all my players?

If you paid for both on installs then you will be paying out a sizeable sum each month for the duration of the installment plan. It will definitely have an effect on future transfer budgets and such.

Saying that Newcastle are prone to a takeover... On a network save I'm playing they have just spent 150m in one window! Could be a good look for you.

In a word, yes. It depends on how much is spread over monthly payments and how many months. As has been said, it will effect your future transfer budgets. However, signing these players might (should) increase your income through merchandise, TV revenue (big players, big games) and prize money (should go further in competitions and finish higher in the league). As has been said, if your finances get so bad that the Chairman may want to leave (and Ashley is not one for sticking around on FM!) then you could get a takeover. This could be a local businessman \ director on the Board or if you're lucky it could be a tycoon who will pump silly money into the club). Personally, I never use monthly installments (because I try to make all clubs I manage sustainable - I work in Finance, it comes with the territory unfortunately) however they can be used to good effect if used and managed carefully.

Back