Question about marking

• Thread starter Thread starter Adam543
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 836

Adam543

Reaction score
So I've been struggling a bit with my defence, so I looked on here to see wether I should go for man or zonal. Previously I'd been going for man marking, but I also have a high defensive line so it was getting dragged about a bit with space made for midfield runners. Most people seem to think zonal marking is better, so I tried that. Now, instead of space being made in the channels and stuff, the opposition can just run straight through the gapes in the "zones". How do I stop this? Also if you have zonal marking and then select "Tight marking" for always on opposition instructions, does this just mean the players will mark their zone tightly or will it make them man mark?
Thanks, Adam

Sounds to me like you either need an anchor man or faster defenders.. If you have slow defenders just lower your defensive line a little bit. Also, are you playing an offside trap?

I wouldn't say that they were slow, probably average/good for defenders. Enrique, Agger, Javi Martinez, Johnson. And yeah I do play offside trap, I thought it would work well with a highline. Am I wrong?

I wouldn't say that they were slow, probably average/good for defenders. Enrique, Agger, Javi Martinez, Johnson. And yeah I do play offside trap, I thought it would work well with a highline. Am I wrong?

Well both of them are pretty slow acceleration wise and teams can break the offside trap so it is a risky way to play, i suggest untick play offside and lower the defensive line a bit or do what andy said and try an anchor man?

Oh, but what happens if you have zoanl marking but set tight marking to a player on the other team in opposition instructions?

Back