Question about new stadium or expansion

• Thread starter Thread starter Byzantine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6K

Byzantine

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask something about the possibility of building a new stadium or expanding the existing one.
If the board accepts your request will the money needed be deducted from the team's wage and transfer budget?
And will the cost also burden your monthly expenses?

Thanks in advance

It can do, I've found a few things that happen with new stadiums:

1. Money is deducted from your current teams balance in your financial screen (F11 is hotkey) This balance pretty much detirmines your wage/transfer budget. It gives you a small insight to what it will be like but not an exact amount. A good example of this was me playing as Leeds in an online game in FM11.

I had a balance of about 7 Million, I was getting pretty much the 40mil TV Money as my Wage and Transfer budget for the season. When I sold one of my best players for 72million (and a few others) I suddenly had a budget the next season of about 130million. Alot does rely on sponsers/TV income at the start of each season too when it comes tot he budget set by your board but the Balance does play it's role in it.

2. Owner will take out a bank loan against the club for the stadium. This means you gain debt which you pay off monthly. It shoulden't affect toooo much on your transfer/wages depending if you can afford the bank loan repayments. Simply put. Bank Loan repayment montly vs increased revenue from new stadium would be the calculation to detirmine if your going to lose money.

3. The owner pays for the stadium themselves. Means you don't pay nothing back at all as far as I know.

Someone else might be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
It won't come out of your current transfer budget, it will come out of the clubs Balance. However, this could impact your transfer and wage budget for the next season.

Back