Question about replacing captains...

• Thread starter Thread starter barcelonic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

barcelonic

Reaction score
There was a couple threads relating to captains but this is not really related so i thought id start a thread to gauge opinions...

Ive just taken over Zenit and the current captain is Anyukov (inf13) and VC is the keeper (which makes sense i suppose).

Thing is I just signed Sergey Semak (inf20) who is not only among the oldest and most experienced member of a very young squad, but is also the captain of Russia (Zenit's nation) and has been for years!

But I know its never a good idea to make a new signing captain straight away, so what would you do here?

Im planning to replace the goalie with someone better and demote Anyukov to VC so he'll still have a role. But it's basically between that, or leave Anyukov as captain and put Semak as VC.

Surely though having Russia's captain with an influence of 20 would fare better throughout the season? Even if it winds up certain players initially?

What would you guys do? oO)

[Also bear in mind Semak is DMC and Anyukov is a WBR so given the way i play (always using different formations for different games) Semak will get used much more often and as he's tough will probably get injured less too.]

Put Semak as captain and Anyukov as vice captain, some players may be a bit ****** off but they will get over it.

Thought so, cheers.

Season aint kicked off yet so might as well wait until im asked to declare the captaincies rather than jump the gun, right? :)

Back