Question about scouting and regens...

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

louiscfc

Reaction score
Fellow FMers, I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. When it comes to finding regens from a host of different leagues and nationalities do you need a lot of leagues loaded or do you need a good worldwide scouting knowledge or both/neither?

For example, say I wanted a quality Ivorian striker - the knew Drogba. ATM in my save I have the ENG, GER, SPA, FRA, HOL, RUS, BRA, ARG and MEX leagues loaded but I can't find any quality Ivorian players who play in the leagues I have loaded. To generate more Ivorian regens should I maybe add a league in the Ivory Coast or get a scout who has good knowledge of Africa?

This goes for any nationality and not just my stupid example. How do you find obscure and a variety of different regens? Not just the same old French, German and Brazilian wonderkids that I get in EVERY single save.

EDIT: And when I mean finding regens, I mean those that will appear in player search screen and those who will get scouted.
Cheers :)

Last edited:
I would load the league for extra results.

Personally, i have also had this issue. I have always admired Nigerian strikers in real life (Lightning fast poacher type) and have been trying to find one in FM13 with no sucess so far.
It's good to see someone else who actually wants to have a regen from a smaller nation rather than going for the overpowered English and Brazilian ones, which i do not anymore sign :p

Not exactly helpful, but i hope you get some answers so we can learn something.

tldr; bump

I would load the league for extra results.

Personally, i have also had this issue. I have always admired Nigerian strikers in real life (Lightning fast poacher type) and have been trying to find one in FM13 with no sucess so far.
It's good to see someone else who actually wants to have a regen from a smaller nation rather than going for the overpowered English and Brazilian ones, which i do not anymore sign :p

Not exactly helpful, but i hope you get some answers so we can learn something.

tldr; bump

Yeah, I have seen other people's series on youtube and they have signed really good young regens from obscure countries like Egypt and they haven't had the leagues loaded (i'm pretty sure). Maybe you just need to try and find them from a team in a league that you do have loaded...? Anyway, I have just signed several scouts with different knowledge around the world so hopefully I may find some! If I do i'll message you or something so you know how to find them and why ATM we can't.

From what I've been told when I've questioned different nationalities is that any nationality player can turn up at any team. There is one on mine at the moment from the middle east somewhere and I've signed him at Arsenal. So I think it does vary, but at the same time I would say having the league from that Nation would help, as just recently on mine was the Iceland Regen date and not a single one was created, even at different clubs. So I think it's just a bit random.

But yeah would be nice to have the regen system work a little different where other nationality players join realistic clubs. So for African's, Ligue 1/2 is quite likely in real life, so I would think more should show up there.

All my scounts are finding are 4> star potential nigerians so far. Mostly goalkeepers, but at least it is working, it's just gonna take a lot of time. Found 1 3'5 star striker, but he is too tall. (I want that 170cm 18 acceleration nigerian)

I remember in 2002 World Cup EVERY Senegalese player played in Ligue one except for ''Tony'' that sick goalkeeper, why do i remember that, geez. I was 7.

Hopefully they will work on this. I would love to build academies/football schools in such countries and have all the ability to just pick the out rather than buying.

All my scounts are finding are 4> star potential nigerians so far. Mostly goalkeepers, but at least it is working, it's just gonna take a lot of time. Found 1 3'5 star striker, but he is too tall. (I want that 170cm 18 acceleration nigerian)

Bear in mind that your scout star rating assessment of players from leagues in Africa are not very accurate if you are a European team. This is because the the scout bases his rating on if they continue to develop their current clubs which will have poorer youth facilities. It is much more important to look at individual attributes for their roles. I have bought regens from Africa who good scouts only rated at 1.5 PA but when they arrived at my club they were 4.5 star.

Back