Question about wingback tweaks with FC Barcelona

• Thread starter Thread starter jhl1989
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3K

jhl1989

Reaction score
Hello! My name is John and i have just one question in mind. But before I ask my question I would like to talk about information related to the question.

Okay. The team Im managing is FC Barcelona. And as much as I want my team to play like the real FC Barcelona team I wish to add several touches of my own.
The offensive tactics which FC Barcelona is in right now show that when in possession of the ball DANI ALVES(RB) always moves up to help with attacks. At the same time ABIDAL(LB) automatically becomes a 3rd center back allowing ALVES to freely leave his position to attack.

HOWEVER!!!

In my team I have GARETH BALE taking ABIDAL's place. Now you must be like WTF ARE YOU THINKING! Let me explain.

As I said above, when ALVES begins to move up ABIDAL(in this case BALE) MUST come down to help defense. Taking this into mind, what I wanted to do,by buying BALE, is to use the same tactic BUT on the left side of the pitch. To clarify I want to make ALVES and BALE take turns in attacking on their side of the pitch but never attack at the same time.

QUESTION:
How can I apply this tactic to the team without changing FC Barcelona's 4-3-3 formation?

Oooooo i love the idea but as far as im aware the match engine will not allow you to pick and choose which fullback will attack on one phase and which fullback will defend on that same phase. Only possible way to do this would be to alter your tactics in game after every attacking phase!! eg after first attck make bale more attacking and alves more defensive!! this would be so time consuming it wouldnt be worth it :(. id suggest let them both attack and have a defensive mid cover for one of them eg get keita to cover for bale by man marking the oppsing winger! good luck with it and update me if im wrong and there is a way round getting players to take it in turn to attack and defend :)

Something like the double pivot in the defensive midfield positions..
Well not possible in fm..:P

WOW! Thanks for the quick reply!

I was thinking the same thing. I was planning on having either BUSQUETS or MASCHERANO come down to defend with the center-backs.
However, this tactic having one more slower player than BALE or ALVES in the defense makes it hard to defend against fast players like C. Ronaldo or Walcott.

If someone could recommend several good an fast DMF players please suggest!

....Oh boy...
Well first off here's my formation:4-3-3
...................(Bale)....................(Ronaldinho).....(Villa)
...................(Pique)
(Valdez)...............................(Xavi)..................(Messi)
...................(David Luiz)
...................(Alves)................(Iniesta).............(Neymar)

Now if I were to add Sandro to the team I would have to many Brazilian players....
Anyone that's not Brazilian? (Must be fast and tall)

Last edited:
Get rid of Ronaldinho and put Fabregas back.

there is a man in newcastle he is from ıvory coast but ı forgot his name check him man :) maybe in senegal

Last edited:
If he instructs the dm to man mark the opposition winger he will do it through out the whole game. not just when bale or dani alves move ahead..
So not that good of advice..
Maybe it would be better to drop a mc to dc so that the other two mark the wingers.. (since they will be wider with one extra man between them)

But if it was me i wouldn't do ****..:P
Have both of them attack and you'll be up 3 goals before the opposition gets a chance to counter attack hehe..;)

Barca second season, who to buy/sell?
After winning the double with barca, losing on pens to city on champo league final, I just wanna Improve my team, a few days after losing in the final man city offer 40,5mil for dani alves In which I accepted, using these funds I signed ceaser aspilicueta and sakho, I use a 4-3-3 tactic which involves 2 center mids and 2 wingers. And a cam, I've just finished my first season and Im in friendlies, I have about 50mil to spend I don't know where I can improve with squad, with a usual line up of. Valdes, jordi alba, Azaplilcueta as fullbacks, piqué and sakho as center Halfs, iniesta and xavi Cm, Wngers villa and messi, cam fabregas, and cavani striker, this team has a lot of rotation especially otamendi, thiamin, macro verati, and others? Suggest then? Fire Away

@jhl1989
Barca's 4-3-3 is only on paper and before kick off, in fact 4-3-3 is almost never used by Barca in 90 minutes. The majority of the 90 minutes is a 2-6-2 or 3-5-2(where the front 2 are 2 wingers), 3-6-1 or 3-7-0. Now, you if want to play with 2 alternating full backs, there's only 1 option although it won't be 100% what you want;
- Focus team passing down the wings so your FBs will be more involved, GK to distribute to FBs, and creative freedom should be conservative otherwise they will not respect individual instructions.
-Now the important bit:change the FBs "run from deep" to "rarely" and "run with the ball" to "often".
This way either one of them will attack only when they have the ball, but one thing you need to remember; with this ME, the FBs will attack every now and then regardless of the instructions.
Just wish you good luck.

(UPDATE)
I've just ended two seasons with my Barcelona team and man I was suprised by how man goals I've scored against the big teams. I beat Real Madrid 8-0! Can you belive that? Or does this happen most of the time?

I'm currently using darkelf's tikitaka tactics with a bit of my own tweaks. Also I just went ahead and did what riap suggested to I set Bale and Alves to atacking wingbacks and BOOM! My team becomes a scoring machine! Since I'm typing this at 3:30am I dont have any pictures to prove to you. Ill post them up as soon as I wake up. COMING BACK SOON! Muhahahah!

Back