Question about work permits

• Thread starter Thread starter AM32
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

AM32

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Chelsea, and I've signed Breitner from Santos, but he hasn't got a work permit. Is it possible that he'll ever be able to play for us, or will he have to be sold?

Send him on loan to your feeder club, Westerlo. The big teams have feeder clubs in countries where they can gain EU citizenship quicker than England. Belgium is one of the fastest in Europe to gain citizenship. One he has been there for 2 - 3 years (I forget how long it takes) he will have Belgium as a second nationality and will not require a work permit. However, in the time he might become really good, start playing for his country and then able to gain a work permit. It may be worth offering him a new contract every six months or so to see if he is allowed a work permit.

Send him on loan to your feeder club, Westerlo. The big teams have feeder clubs in countries where they can gain EU citizenship quicker than England. Belgium is one of the fastest in Europe to gain citizenship. One he has been there for 2 - 3 years (I forget how long it takes) he will have Belgium as a second nationality and will not require a work permit. However, in the time he might become really good, start playing for his country and then able to gain a work permit. It may be worth offering him a new contract every six months or so to see if he is allowed a work permit.

Thanks.

Back