Questions about players losing their preferred moves

mysharry

Reaction score
I recently witnessed one of my left attacking midfielders dropping his suitability rating by about 3 segments of the green circle. I did some research to see why this might have happened by opening earlier saves etc. and realised my player had dropped his weak foot rating from 14 to 9. This had happened since my player lost his "attempts to develop his weak foot" preferred move, which he just recently managed to learn. The most strange thing about this is that the player had 14 weak foot rating BEFORE he learnt the preferred move, giving the following chain of events:

14 rating+no preferred move > 14 rating+having the move > 9 rating+losing the move

this surely seems like a bug or atleast a very unrealistic feature, why would a player who constantly plays as a left winger drop left foot rating over night.

has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: i also tried to change this back with the ingame editor and it turns out the player still has a 2 level drop in role suitabilty as winger (either side), which as mentioned seems very strange considering he plays winger EVERY match and has winger set as training focus

Last edited:
"attempts to develop his weak foot" is a temporary PPM that appears after a player successfully learn "attempt to develop his weak foot"

I've never seen that the foot’s rating declining... it looks like a bug to me...