Quick help - Can't be registered...

Reaction score
In early september I was offered the chance to sign an out of contract David Stockdale and an ageing, out of contract Berbatov both were still good quality so I signed them as I had enough wage budget to allow this.

However when I signed them the free transfer window hadn't closed, and when they appear in the squad menu there's no "INE" or "UNR" next to them, yet for some reason whenever I try to play them in the league it saysth
they cannot be registered for this game but I've played them in the league cup. What's the deal with this? Because when I first signed them and went to the squad registration window I couldn't unregister other players in order to register them etc, yet normally free agents can be registered until the end of November. What could the problem be? As they're getting mighty ****** off about being in the reserves and I could do with them.

If I have them in the first team and I get my asst. manager to select the team he will put them in it but then when I go to play the fixture, as I said earlier, it tells me they cannot be registered for the current fixture. Normally of course your asst. manager wouldn't put in injured or unregistered players so I'm struggling to see the issue?

(I note that I'm a veteran of many FM seasons and not an amateur I'm now in Dec 2015 on this current save and have played many seasons with other teams on other saves and have never encountered this issue...)

Are they playing reserve fixtures the same day?
That would make them ineligible for that fixture.

Back