Quick Question about "50% of transfer fee's" clauses?

• Thread starter Thread starter Scotty98TR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
If I was to buy a player who had a clause where the club I am managing get 50% of any transfer fee the selling club gets, would I still get that 50%?

As an example:

I am Arsenal, and I buy Fabregas for £40m. As part of the Fabregas-to-Barca deal Arsenal get 50% of any fee Barca receive. So would I only spend £20m on fabregas, as I get 50% of the £40m back anyway?

Thanks!

Based on simple logic I'd say yes, but there might be some hidden clauses that prevents this. I hope someone is able to answer this based on experience, it's a good question.

Based on simple logic I'd say yes, but there might be some hidden clauses that prevents this. I hope someone is able to answer this based on experience, it's a good question.

That's what I was thinking, otherwise it'd seem a bit pointless for them to sell him at all...

It has crossed my mind before but saying that I have never been in a position to buy back a player that has been sold. After some searching online (due to being stuck in work on a night shift), it appears that you would get back the specific percentage. So if you sold someone for £10m with a 50% sell on clause and bought the player back for £20m, in theory you would get the player for nothing. I guess the only way of finding out is to carry out such a scenario.

In previous versions I've played (FM08/10) you do get the 50% back. Ive sold players on a free with 50% sell on clause but bought them back a few years on for, say, £10m and it pops up 'Man Utd will receive £5m from player x transfer'. I've paid £10m but get £5m back straight away

Ahhh gutted I bought Isco now, I could of got Fabregas for £20m! :O

But would the 50% go back into your transfer budget, or just into your clubs balance?

i done it before on FM12 as pompey i bought Matt Ritchie back and got the percentage back

Ahhh gutted I bought Isco now, I could of got Fabregas for £20m! :O

But would the 50% go back into your transfer budget, or just into your clubs balance?

I would assume it depends on how much transfer revenue you have set up with the club. For example, on a transfer of £10m, if you have 25% of transfer revenue made available for transfers then you would only get £2.5m to spend and the rest goes into the clubs finances.

I would assume it depends on how much transfer revenue you have set up with the club. For example, on a transfer of £10m, if you have 25% of transfer revenue made available for transfers then you would only get £2.5m to spend and the rest goes into the clubs finances.

Actually, a player I had the 50% clause in just got sold (Some reserve player I sold a while ago) and the money was paid back in monthly instalments, but NONE of it went into the transfer budget (I have 100% of transfer revenue made available)

So actually, in terms of budget you'd still have to pay the full price, but your clubs overall finances would get half of it back over 12 months. :)

Back