Quick Question about German players

• Thread starter Thread starter parkin90
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5K

parkin90

Reaction score
Do German players ever make caps? I know they have the greyed out players on their national squad but didn't know if they would just generate caps. As say i wanted to sign a german player, i could technically put on his contract that after 1 cap he would move up to for e.g. £300,000 per week wages which would probably make him more likely to sign/accept lower inital wages. Suppose this could be classes as a cheat or bug but just wondering if it would work

That might actually work, never thought of that. I have ter Stegen in my squad, and on his profile it says he's made 1 cap. I checked Philipp Lahm, it says he has 91 caps, while on Wikipedia it says 95. And I'm in March 2015, so it does look like they don't get caps in the game.

They do have some players in U21 and U19 that aren't greyed out though, these are all regens. Maybe the first team will also get filled with regens after a while.

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be an option that allows you to include a clause that makes the players' wage increase after first cap, like described in the OP. There is however a "International cap bonus", which is paid out to the player for every cap he earns.

There is a clause named 'Wage after reaching international appearances'

There is a clause named 'Wage after reaching international appearances'

Don't see it. Tried finding it by offering contracts to like 5 different players. Post a screenshot if you find it, because I sure can't.

Found it. It's obviously only possible to offer to certain players.

Was the same last few versions i think, some people says its a cheat some dont. Dont do it myself but each to his own. Does it actually work though?

I don't think it's a cheat as when I offer some old English players contracts I set international bonuses to max as I know they won't get them.

Was the same last few versions i think, some people says its a cheat some dont. Dont do it myself but each to his own. Does it actually work though?

I just found a german regen with 4.5 star potential ability I figured I'd try it on. I tried offering him as much as 100K after one international appearance, but he just keeps demanding a contract that includes a wage increase after a certain number of league games. He's obviously not interested in the international cap clause.

EDIT: Even tried offering £240K p/w after 1 international cap, still the same.

Tried the same with another german who's not a regen. He demands the same basic wage regardless of the clause of wage increase to £240K p/w after 1 international appearance.

I don't consider it a cheat at all, but be careful how you use it. After a player declared they wanted to leave under the Bosman ruling who I really wanted to keep, I terminated his contract to re-sign him (was already in January with other clubs swarming), although because of the previous issues he wasn't really interested in signing another contract with us.

I decided to offer him a clause of £275,000 a week after 10 international caps. I figured he's Spanish and at 22 it'll take a while for him to get to 10 caps, by that time I can negotiate a new contract without the ridiculous clause.

Anyway 6 months later turns out he had two nationalities... He's decided to play for Equatorial Guinea. He is the best player for Equitorial Guinea, by a long long way. Making him a ticking wage time bomb for me.

I recently found a 16 year old regen that looked half decent so thought I would sign him. Upon agreeing a fee, the contract negotiations hit a massive stumbling block. The player was willing to sign on a low weekly wage but wanted around £80k a week once he played 20 games. Obviously I didn't even contemplate signing him after such ridiculous demands.

I recently found a 16 year old regen that looked half decent so thought I would sign him. Upon agreeing a fee, the contract negotiations hit a massive stumbling block. The player was willing to sign on a low weekly wage but wanted around £80k a week once he played 20 games. Obviously I didn't even contemplate signing him after such ridiculous demands.

You realise the Wage after X amount of league games has hardly any effect on them signing.
When I'm signing regens they always want around 6kP/W and something like 38k after 20 league games or something. You can just knock that all the way down to around like 7k and they still accept. Has hardly any impact. they just want the basic wage.

In regards to the topic in FM12 I had some German regens on my save and they ended up playing for the main team, so I doubt that would have changed this year.

You realise the Wage after X amount of league games has hardly any effect on them signing.
When I'm signing regens they always want around 6kP/W and something like 38k after 20 league games or something. You can just knock that all the way down to around like 7k and they still accept. Has hardly any impact. they just want the basic wage.

In regards to the topic in FM12 I had some German regens on my save and they ended up playing for the main team, so I doubt that would have changed this year.

I'm afraid your comment is wrong because I have tried knocking down the demand of a wage increase after x amount of appearances with several young players, only to find they reject the idea.

Did anyone reach a conclusion about whether the International Cap thing works? If I can get a German to accept high International Cap Bonus and low wage, will he never get the cap bonus? Obviously I want to be sure before I do it...

Found it. It's obviously only possible to offer to certain players.

I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly you can only use that clause up to 10 international appearances, so maybe the players you were looking at already had more than 10 capps? :)

Back