Quickies...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sparkle22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 802

Sparkle22

Reaction score
Some quick questions that require answers please.

Discipline:

1. How can I stop several of my players consistently picking up yellow cards? There is no option to 'privately chat' about it - as they're not getting red-carded, just a yellow card almost every game. Plus, they are always 'in danger of losing discipline' - and I want to scream at them.

Tactics:

2. Do the team orders override the individual players orders? If I lock off the sliders for a player's mentality (ie - click on them so that I micro-manage the slider), and then click on a more attacking team style, is there a discreet 'unseen' affect on each player not shown by the slider - or is it all down to the nudging of sliders a little bit left or right by the team order? And subsequently, would team orders be pointless if I micro-manage every player?

3. If a player is playing high up - how can he run from deep? If my target man is set to heavy 'attack', thereby setting him to sit as close to the goal as possible, I assume(?), what affect does run from deep do - as he's already up there?

4. What do the closing down (own half) orders mean? 'Own half' - is this bottom to top half of the pitch or left to right? 'Whole pitch' set to on - does this mean that if a striker is back for defensive duties, he will close down an attacker in his own box - or otherwise leave him alone if set only to 'own area'?

5. Move into channels? Are these imaginary verticalchannels between opposing players?

6. If a player is set to direct passing/long pass, does this conflict with 'run with ball - often'? Will he look to run with the ball first or look for the immediate pass first?

7. When should you never/generally not 'tight mark'?

run from deep means to make runs when ball is ahead of you. a striker who rarely runs from deep will not really move if a midfielder dribbles by him. set to often will make him stay moving forward with dribbler

Some quick questions that require answers please.

Discipline:

1. How can I stop several of my players consistently picking up yellow cards? There is no option to 'privately chat' about it - as they're not getting red-carded, just a yellow card almost every game. Plus, they are always 'in danger of losing discipline' - and I want to scream at them.

A) There is a hidden stat that sets the probability of the player fouling. There are things you can do to modify this, such as player intructions and making them train not to dive into tackles. But overall it's something you have to put up with. If they get sent of for violent behaviour, however fine them two weeks wages and drop them from the team for a week or two.

Tactics:

2. Do the team orders override the individual players orders? If I lock off the sliders for a player's mentality (ie - click on them so that I micro-manage the slider), and then click on a more attacking team style, is there a discreet 'unseen' affect on each player not shown by the slider - or is it all down to the nudging of sliders a little bit left or right by the team order? And subsequently, would team orders be pointless if I micro-manage every player?

a) Team orders take over if you do not set individual orders.

3. If a player is playing high up - how can he run from deep? If my target man is set to heavy 'attack', thereby setting him to sit as close to the goal as possible, I assume(?), what affect does run from deep do - as he's already up there?

None, unless he is behind the ball. This is more of a midfielders thing.

4. What do the closing down (own half) orders mean? 'Own half' - is this bottom to top half of the pitch or left to right? 'Whole pitch' set to on - does this mean that if a striker is back for defensive duties, he will close down an attacker in his own box - or otherwise leave him alone if set only to 'own area'?

A) Own half - the half your keeper is in. That is players will only press in your defensive half of the pitch. Attackers usually stay up front. I don't recomend him being in his own area, simply because it's impossible to counter attack without an outlet high up the pitch.

5. Move into channels? Are these imaginary verticalchannels between opposing players?

A) It means he drifts wide, dragging defenders with him. Useful if you have midfielders who run into the box to exploit the space he creates.

6. If a player is set to direct passing/long pass, does this conflict with 'run with ball - often'? Will he look to run with the ball first or look for the immediate pass first?

Depends on other stats such as decissions and creativity.

7. When should you never/generally not 'tight mark'?

A) When an attacker tends to move into the wings and you don't have a def midfielder to fill the gap.

- one more -

If I set my players predominantly to don't run with ball, will this force them to find more space off the ball? I find that my players are getting the ball and the passing options are limited - I know the off-the-ball stat is crucial here - but is there a way to get them to lose their markers more often? I need them to hit and run more - and have someone to hit it to...

Back