Rags to Riches... Rookie to Legend!

• Thread starter Thread starter Branaldo9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 815

Branaldo9

Reaction score
It's my first venture into the Football Manager Base stories thread and rather than go with one of the worlds largest clubs, I will start at the very end of the queue, the unemployment line and will see how far I can go as a Football Manager.

I will start with Sunday league experience, no coaching badges and the lowest skills possible . . . Let's see how far I can go!

"From Rags to Riches . . . Rookie to Legend" - Peter Branagan

12th July 2016 - Branagan hired as manager of Scottish League 2 minnows Stirling Albion

View attachment 103064

Having attended an interview with Stirling Albion on 10th July, I have successfully managed to get the job and will make my first venture into professional football management at the bottom level of Scotland.

View attachment 103076

On first analysis of the First Team squad, it is easy to note that the squad is very light on numbers with only 14 recognised first team players. My first job will obviously be the flesh out the team with a number of additions. However, there is not a lot of time with the first match of the Bet Fred Cup due to take place on the 16th July at home to Partick Thistle.

KEY PLAYERS

View attachment 103073

View attachment 103072View attachment 103071

TACTICS

View attachment 103067

Finally, let's have a look at key information of Peter Branagan, the man tasked with leading Stirlng Albion into the new season!

View attachment 103065

Startling out on £350 per week, I am as far away from the glamour and fame of a Premier League manager as could possibly be but every manager must start somewhere. With no reputation, I could have hardly expected to start at the top.

JULY 2016 ROUND UP:

View attachment 1106197

Tough start at home to Ladbrokes Premier League, Partick Thistle. Found it difficult with the small squad and only a couple of days working with the players. Final score 3-1 to Partick with makeshift striker Darren Lewis getting the goal for Stirling. Overall happy with the performance and am not expecting much from the Betfred Cup and will treat is a way to get familiar with the squad and introduce some new players and tactics.
[MAN OF THE MATCH - Darren Smith[/B]

View attachment 1106198

Similar situation in the 2nd game of the Betfred Cup away to Championship side, St. Mirren. We fell to another 3-1 defeat with talisman Blair Henderson equalising after 13 mins to make it 1-1 before we conceded 2 before half time.
[MAN OF THE MATCH - Blair Henderson[/B][/B]

View attachment 1106199

3rd game of the Betfred Cup was against League 1 side, Brechin City. It was my sides best performance so far and after falling behind early in the 2nd half we came from behind to go 2-1 ahead thanks to 2 finishes from Blair Henderson. Unfortunately, we conceded a late equaliser and the game finished 2-2. The game went straight to penalties, where 6 straight converted penalties saw us win and Brechin missed their 6th spot kick to fall to defeat.
MAN OF THE MATCH - Blair Henderson

View attachment 1106200

The final game of the Betfred Cup was the most disappointing as we dominated both possession and chances and led early thanks to a first Stirling Albion goal for new signing Michael Kelly. However, 7 mins into the second half left back, Darren Petrie, was sent off for a second booking which completely changed the game. I changed tactics and went more defensive but we failed to adapt and conceded 4 goals within the last half hour to fall to an emphatic 4-1 defeat.
MAN OF THE MATCH - Michael Kelly

BETFRED CUP FINAL STANDINGS

View attachment 1106209

Disappointed to finish bottom of the group but overall having had 4 games to get to know my squad and playing against 4 clubs who play at a higher level than Stirling Albion, I cannot be too disappointed. Looking forward to the start of the league but have a Challenge Cup tie against St. Johnstone Under 20's before then.

View attachment 1106210

I WILL GIVE MY SQUAD ASSESSMENT AND UPDATE ON NEW SIGNINGS IN MY NEXT UPDATE FOR AUGUST 2016. LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING MY FULL SQUAD COMPRISED FOR THE BATTLE AHEAD.

Last edited:
Back