Raheem Sterling

Reaction score
I've altered my tactics for really the 1st time in a while, and i'm settled on a Liverpool save.

i'm playing a tactic that doesnt have any wingers, playing with 3 strikers with 2 playing as a false nine. I'm also playing narrow with my full backs playing as complete wing backs.

Question is.. Sterling isnt really performing well as a F9, i've trying everything to make him succeed and he is failing. I dont want to change my full tactic for him if you get what i mean?

Has anyone else used him as a F9?

Sounds like the same Tinkerman tactic I'm using as Liverpool as well, I decided to restart my Liverpool save a couple of weeks ago and use this tactic from the off. Because of Sterling's real life situation at Liverpool I've kind of fallen out with him so have playing in rotation as a false 9 but he's not doing much at all. Sturridge, Balotelli, Markovic and Sinclair all perform better, I bought Fierro in the first window and Dybala in the winter window, Sterling has signed a new deal with a 35m release clause which I'm hoping is activated. Got Moreno and Kaderabak as my wing backs, its working well

Moreno and Johnson have been excellent for me. I'm thinking about selling Sterling in January to get some extra cash as i didnt bring in any strikers.

what sinclair you using?

Ps - Have you tried training Lallana and Coutinho as F9? As i'm struggling to fit them into my system also.

Last edited:
Moreno and Johnson have been excellent for me. I'm thinking about selling Sterling in January to get some extra cash as i didnt bring in any strikers.

what sinclair you using?

Ps - Have you tried training Lallana and Coutinho as F9? As i'm struggling to fit them into my system also.

Sterling needs time but he eventually becomes a great poacher is you give him time to adjust to the CF role.
I've retrained Coutinhio as a F9 in my last two Liverpool stories so if you want to see his performances, you know where to look.

I've altered my tactics for really the 1st time in a while, and i'm settled on a Liverpool save.

i'm playing a tactic that doesnt have any wingers, playing with 3 strikers with 2 playing as a false nine. I'm also playing narrow with my full backs playing as complete wing backs.

Question is.. Sterling isnt really performing well as a F9, i've trying everything to make him succeed and he is failing. I dont want to change my full tactic for him if you get what i mean?

Has anyone else used him as a F9?

If you don't want to change the tactic for a wingers one try him in a different role? I would imagine he would be suited more to a Advanced Forward, Poacher, Complete Forward or maybe even Trequartista perhaps? False nine I can't see him being successful in personally. But once he's settled into the role he's got better form in he could be a 20/25-30/35 goal striker I reckon after retraining him of course. Make sure you've also got him training for the position if he's not a natural as a striker. :)

I'm using Coutinho as the most advanced of my midfield 3 and he's doing well there. My other midfielders are Can, Henderson, Allen, Tielemans and Rossiter. Gerrard is still there but will be replaced by Will Hughes.

Up front I'm using Jerome Sinclair and he's on track for 40 goals in the first season, absolutely flying, this has meant I've sold Balotelli and Lallana

Sounds daft - but I've used Sterling as a Right Wing back before and after training him in that position he was awesome

Back