Raikan's new 4-3-2-1 Narrow Control Tactic

Raikan007

Reaction score
hey guys, would like to do some tests on the members with the new tactic i have made for my Santa Cruz save recently, they are 3rd tier Brazilian league, the tactic seems to be doing pretty **** well for my squad and would like to see if it will work for others as well.. :D

feel free to post anything, once got some feedback I will decide to upload it or not..

NB:

you need to use it for at least 10 games or so, even more :D

View attachment 103423

forgot to add screenshots...
View attachment 103424View attachment 103425View attachment 103426

Last edited:
I will try it and give feedback. The formation suits my current crop of players :)

i'll give this a try with my Honduras team :D - hopefully I will win the World Cup :p

Can you give screenshot of formation?

Last edited:
Tried it out only had minor success and really struggled to score goals

Played with this formation against bolton and Aaron lennon in attacking midfield he was only on for ten minutes and got exhausted and he was fully fit before the match? I ended up drawing 1-1 but my team selection was poor as iwas trying to blend in my yougsters.

Hmm...I will give proper feedback tomorrow but after trying it out in 4 games, I think the attack is working OK but the defence looks a bit shaky against lesser teams - haven't come up against the other big teams yet. Anyway, I need at least 10 games before one can draw any conclusions.

thats strange, the defence is my strongest area of that tactic.... ;)

Ok will try with arsenal now, come back with fedback shortly.

Ok first 10 games:
Everton : Arsenal 1:2
Stutgart : Arsenal 0:2 (CL Qualis 2.leg)
Stoke : Arsenal 2:2
Chelsea : Arsenal 0:0 (got owned)
Arsenal : Standard 2:0 (CL)
Arsenal : Burnley 3:0
Bristol City : Arsenal 2:4 (League Cup)
Bolton : Arsenal 2:1
Inter : Arsenal 0:0
Arsenal: Man Utd 1:0

Decent results I would say. One sugestion, maybe up the with bar for a few notches. It's a narrow formation so it lacks with. But all in all a great tactic mate.

Last edited:
Looks great. having a hard time deciding how to choose the striker. i have huntelaar pato borriello inzaghi lukaku and sanogo. i can loan out sanogo and probably gona sell borriello. inzaghi will retire very soon. but still difficult to leave out hunter or pato :/

will give it a go though. :)

Looks great. having a hard time deciding how to choose the striker. i have huntelaar pato borriello inzaghi lukaku and sanogo. i can loan out sanogo and probably gona sell borriello. inzaghi will retire very soon. but still difficult to leave out hunter or pato :/

will give it a go though. :)
i would play Pato as a Poacher or Huntelaar as Complete Forward :D
you must change the roles of the players that suit your players, change all the roles if you need too, not that important in my tactics ;)

thanks! tried it out and drawed my first 2 matches (team has not got used to the tactic yet) but i have only 4 matches remaining this season so i will use this in the friendlies next season and will update soon. cheers

I have played 13 games until now. Here is the team with which I played most of my games:

manchesterunitedtactics.png

As you can see, the team is very strong and good results are only to be expected. BTW, Ronaldo recently recovered from an injury and is there fore among the substitutes.

This is a screenshot of the results (use of this tactic began from the 2-2 drawn match against Zenit). It ended with a disappointing 0-1 away defeat to Reading.

manchesterunitedfixture.png

As you can see, I have done reasonably well with this tactic, although I did better with Dan's 4-1-2-1-2 Control tactic. It is slightly unreliable as compared to Dan's tactic, but is still getting me wins against most teams. BTW, some of these wins were closer than they seem - my team scored a lot of late goals for some reason. My lead at the top of the EPL has narrowed down to 2 points (Arsenal just beat Chelsea 5-0!), so I will be reverting back to my old tactic for now.

I am going to keep this tactic as a backup to Dan's tactic and use it when I want to "surprise" the AI or when it fits better with my rotation.

I don't know what exactly is expected in a tactic feedback, so if some other information is required, I would be happy to do it. Thanks for uploading the tactic :)

PS. Most of my games were against weaker teams.

Last edited:
Started a Lech Poznan save in the polish ekstraklasa.

My two center defenders have the highest rating in the league.
My striker is struggling to score goals, but the two amc and the middle of the midfield players is putting some away too, heres a screenie with the results, I managed to shut out Omonia Nicosia both home and away!!

I have a tough two legs against rosenborg, hopefully Lewandowski can regain his preseason form, I'm also out with one of my AMCs as he suffered a broken leg in the Lech Gdansk 3-0 win where he popped two goals.

Any suggestions as to why my striker is suffering a goal drought? He's the best in the league by far in terms of future and current potential.
The defence is solid, Arboleda and Bosacki paired are working wonders, arboleda has ~5 goals to his name from set pieces. The flanks are kept very tight without being exposed while pushing up.

Last edited:
try play Robert as a Complete Forward or as a Target Man (both on attack duties) you must change the player roles as to what suits your players, player roles in my tactics are all set to default PI so change them as you see necessary :D i.e. Dont play Fabregas in the left or right hand Cm roles as they are Ball winners, change one of them to Ad Playmaker etc to accomodate his ability