• Thread starter Thread starter dazamfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

dazamfc

Reaction score
Rangers Go Into Administration!

1st July 2011

Rangers owner Craig Whyte today gave a statement which confirmed that Rangers were today put into administration. The Motherwell-born businessman stated that it was done in the best interests of the club and supporters and that the club would survive! Whyte says that it was a hard decision for him and his collegues to make but he beleives that, by the end of it, Rangers Football Club will come out a stronger and more secure club.

Going into adminstration means that Rangers will be deducted 10 points for the start of the new season and also that the club will have to make cuts by sacking some playing and non-playing staff. Boss Ally McCoist said: "It is a very sad day for the club and all associated with it but I beleive Mr Whyte has made the best decision for the club." When asked his about his future he said: "I have only been here a few weeks and Mr Whyte has told me that I will not be affected when the club has to make cuts"

McCOIST SACKED
images

Craig Whyte today caused further disruption at Ibrox after he sacked club legend Ally McCoist as manager of Rangers. Whyte, who recently put the club into administration, said in an interview earlier this week that McCoist would be kept on as boss of the Ibrox club even though they would have to make cuts if they want to stay afloat.

Fans gathered outside Ibrox yesterday evening after the news spread about McCoists demise. They chanted McCoist's name and shouted and sang abuse at Whyte, who was inside the stadium. Police made 3 arrests as trouble broke out when Mr Whyte desended from the doors of the stadium around 8pm.

Bookies are already predicting who will be the next Ibrox boss:

New Rangers Manager Odds

Walter Smith- 3/1
Ian Durrant- 5/1
Stuart McCall- 6/1
Graeme Souness- 10/1
Tommy Wilson- 12/1
Craig Brown-14/1
Craig Whyte- 1000/1

I am having it changed, click on submit and I had only typed one letter XD

Gers Go For Under 16s Coach!

scaled.php

Rangers have caused further chaos this week by appointing unknown youth coach Darren Sneddon as first team manager. Sneddon, who coached the under 16s for 2 years, is said to be shocked but deleighted to have got the role after applying for the job as a dare!

Rangers fans have had to indure a tough week with the club being put into adminastration followed by manager Ally McCoist being sacked, only weeks after taking the job. Now Sneddon will have to steady the ship at Ibrox and guide the club through the toughest period of theor history.

Also, Craig Whyte has rubbished rumours that he is going to take his £20million and walk out of the club for good

Sneddon Fears Point Deduction Will Damage Euro Hopes

Rangers manager Darren Sneddon has said that he fears the clubs 10 point deduction will damage their quest to qualify for Champions League football come the end of the season. Sneddon, who was appointed 2 weeks ago, fears that it will be hard with the clubs problems to get at least 2nd place. When at his weekly press conference, he said that he, the staff and the team will leave financial matters to the board and concentrate on the footballing side.

In other news, Rangers have released young Australian star Matthew MacKay on a free transfer. He is the first player to feel the wrath of administration and probaly wont be the last player to go.

Also Lee McCulloch has been appointed captain for the new season

Back