Rangers in Liquidation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Grandfather will be rolling his grave, he loved Rangers til the day he died and it saddens me to see it come to this.

So predictable, like watching toddlers. Grow up

Hoping the newco do get let back in the SPL next season, moral objections aside, I love the Old Firm games and it would be a great shame to have to miss out on them.

Hoping the newco do get let back in the SPL next season, moral objections aside, I love the Old Firm games and it would be a great shame to have to miss out on them.

More than that, it is a massive blow to the league in terms of finances, standing and progression.

More than that, it is a massive blow to the league in terms of finances, standing and progression.

Sadly I don't think the league will ever be able to compete again, especially with the new Premier League TV deal and the huge amount of cash that will bring even to the small English clubs.

They will start in the third division and have no history and no trophies. And whoever said Celtic will play friendlies to keep the rivalry going lol why would anyone want anything to do with them

Got what they deserve, we told you it would happen and you buried your heads in the sand and recited the 'SPL needs Rangers' 'Rangers too big for liquidation' lines

They will start in the third division and have no history and no trophies. And whoever said Celtic will play friendlies to keep the rivalry going lol why would anyone want anything to do with them

Got what they deserve, we told you it would happen and you buried your heads in the sand and recited the 'SPL needs Rangers' 'Rangers too big for liquidation' lines

Except it hasnt been decided, and they wont lose their titles or their history (only bitter celtic fans keep claiming this). And the SPL does need them, at least the 10 other small clubs who are financially dependent on meeting the old firm are. No one buried their head, so thats nonsense, what people said is that would be a disaster for the league if it happens, because financially the rest of the clubs bar celtic are dependent on them, and the TV money. Its why several months ago the SPL were going to let the clubs vote on whether they stay in the League. Also good luck trying to expand as a league, SKY will likely not renew their money deal. The league's rep will take a hammer blow. So really you didnt tell anyone anything, if you had read what people had written ad naseum.

As a neutral, if it wasnt so bad, I would find it laughable that League allowed things to get this bad, do they even care about Scottish football?

Last edited:
Should probably make it clear to some people that I support neither Rangers nor Celtic, nor anyone in scotland. And frankly i'm sick of the partisan nonsense, to the point where I will just start removing Celtic posts from Rangers threads, and vice versa, because I'm sick to death of having to tell people to grow up. Make no mistake, I am seriously contemplating asking for the Scottish section to be closed, because for the relatively little amount of things posted, there is an awful lot of bullshit going both ways. I've noticed its the same people from both sides. You have been noted and believe me next time I will skip the infractions and go straight to bans.

Going to close this for now, until more info comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.