Reaction score

View attachment 273574

26th July 2011

BREAKING NEWS: ALLY McCOIST RESIGNS FOLLOWING A ROW OVER INTERNAL AFFAIRS WITH RANGERS OWNER CRAIG WHYTE.

1st June 2011

BREAKING NEWS: CRAIG WHYTE HAS FOUND A REPLACEMENT IN 30 YEAR OLD UNKNOWN MANAGER CHRIS WILSON.

WELCOME TO

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

View attachment 273523
Craig Whyte - Rangers Chairman

"We would like to welcome the new manager of Rangers FC...(Chris Wilson) to the club. We have decided to hire a man who is relatively unknown to the football world because the new Rangers needs new direction and fresh blood. Now we welcome the press to ask some questions"

Brian Woolnough - Daily Star

"So Mr Wilson, we don't know a lot about you. Could you give us some information about your previous managerial experience, if any?"

Chris Wilson - Rangers Manager

"Good morning Brian, pleasure to meet you. I started out coaching at Sunday and Saturday league level at the age of 18 because my career was cut short by a knee injury. I then went on to manage in the Northern Counties League with Cleethorpes Town and then at the age of just 21, i got offered the chance to manage in the Ryman Isthmian Premier League with Carshalton Athletic. 9 years later i'm stood here as the proud manager of Rangers, a great club with a great history and massive fan base. I can hardly believe it myself"

Alex Kay - Daily Mail

"Do you think you have got what it takes to make the massive step up this level of football? May i remind you that Rangers are starting on -10 points, no transfer funds and at the minute nobody investing"

"Hi Alex, firstly congratulations to on being nominated for the Young Sports Writer award. Now to the question, yes i feel i have what it takes, but i'm sure people will need covincing. I plan to take each day as it comes in this difficult time. -10 points for a team like is just a small obstacle. I'm 100% sure i can get this team in to next years European competition whether it be the Europa League or the Champions League"

Paul Smith - The Sun

"Do you have a idea on who is in your and plans and who isn't? Will you be bringing in your own backroom staff and are you happy with the facilities at Ibrox and Murray Park?"

"Hi Paul. I'm yet to see the players train, so I'm not sure as of yet. I can assure you i will be using some of the excellent youth prospects. Also because we have a transfer embargo, we can't do any business, but the squad looks good on paper. The staff here at Rangers Football Club are all of top quality, so not too many changes will be there. I'm ecstatic at the facilities here Paul, they are all up to standards that I've always dreamed of, so yes."

"One last question please Ladies and Gentleman for Mr Wilson"

Mark Dingwall - Rangers Supporters Trust

"Welcome to our club Mr Wilson. I can't speak for every Gers fan, but most of us feel hostile towards Craig Whyte and a little concerned about how the clubs been run since the takeover. We are willing to give this appointment the benefit of the doubt. What will happen to you if the tough becomes too tough?"

"Thank you Mr Dingwall for welcoming me the club and I'm proud to be apart of it. I can assure you that Mr Whyte has given me full control of the club. The minute the board gets involved in the team, then i will let my voice be heard. I'm the manager, and with respect to Mr Whyte he isn't. I will listen the fans views and i will give it 100% like i do with all things in life. I can also assure you that the club is in good hands. Furthermore, i will be taking questions at the supporters trust meetings every fortnight on Tuesdays to keep the fans updated on goings on at the club."

"That will be all for now, thanks guys. The club will also releasing a statement soon regarding possible investors or a new owners. I would like to thank all the fans for there cooperation"

Last edited:
View attachment 273683

Pre Season
Squad

1. Allan McGregor
2. Stephen Whittaker
3. Carlos Bocanegra
4. Kirk Broadfoot
5. Sasa Papac
6. Dorin Goian
7. Steven Naismith
8. Steven Davis
9. David Healy
10. Lee McCulloch
11. Kyle Lafferty
12. Lee Wallace
14. Sone Aluko
19. Maurice Edu
20. Matt McKay
21. Alejandro Bedoya
22. Kyle Bartley
24. Mervan Celik
25. Neil Alexander
26. Jamie Ness
27. Greg Wylde
32. Ross Perry
34. Andy Little
38. Kane Hemmings
41. Rhys McCabe

2ND JULY 2011

View attachment 273686

BREAKING NEWS: SKY SOURCES: STOKE CITY HAVE 3M BID TURNED DOWN FOR STRIKER STEVEN NAISMITH

View attachment 273687

Stoke City have made a bid for Rangers striker Steven Naismith. The fee was supposedly around 3m with various add ons. Rangers manager Chris Wilson made a statement regarding this: "When i came here, i came to restore some pride to this great club, selling off our most valuable assets will not help me acheive this.
View attachment 273688
Rangers Football Club have been drawn against Maribor of Slovenia in the Champions League qualifiers.

Rangers FC 4-0 Rangers Reserves
Naismith
Bartley
Clarke (OG)
Celik

Standard win for Rangers, the potential of the Rangers Reserves is beginning to show with a few players putting in spirited performances.

Middlesbrough 0-2 Rangers FC
Healy
Bartley

A nice victory against a very capable Middlesbrough side. The Rangers team looked strong from the first whistle to the last, very good performance.

Doncaster Rovers 0-2 Rangers FC
Bedoya
Hemmings

A straight forward win for The Gers. I decided to field a team mostly of youth prospects and few more of the wiser players, very impressive win.

Sheffield United 1-1 Rangers FC
Quinn McAusland

Another game where i decided to look towards the future of Rangers. Even though we didn't win the game, the young lads played with great maturity.

Brighton 0-2 Rangers FC
Naismith (2)

The final pre season game went to plan, our preparation is complete.