Rangers

• Thread starter Thread starter mulli2788
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2K

mulli2788

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has done a season with rangers and how they are getting on? Am into my 2nd season with them. What tactics etc do you use and how successful are they?

Hi, I have done 3 seasons with them winning the league by a mile everytime! i use 4-5-1 with inside forwards and a trequartista just behind the striker! I have only signed regens as i wanted to build the best young squad i could for when i got back to the SPL! My team is fantastic with young full internationals with nearly 3 years first team experience, finances are getting there as i am buying cheap and selling big when i have too!

Good luck with your save!

Am now in the 1st div won 2nd by a mile aswell. Just looking to rebuild my team now for the SPL. Also I got taken over by a Scottish based tycoon and he put 5.4m into the kitty aswell as putting 12.5m to keep the club afloat. Hopefully this will be a good save.

yeah im into december on my 4th season. level on points with celtic after 22 games and into the first knockout phase of the europa league. got around 19mill in the bank.

team is

GK- Zacherie Boucher/Declan Rudd(Le havre free/norwich 45k)
RB- Matthew Lowton(villa 300k)
CB- Ignasi Miquel(arsenal free)
CB- Stephan manning(regen from crewe 45k) or Anton Ferdinand(qpr free)
LB- Lee Wallace
CM- Jamie Ness(stoke free)
CAM- Barry Bannan(villa free)
CM- Arie Niewpoort(regen from Feynoord 100k)
LW-Edourdo Torres(regen from River 8k)
RW-Will Hughes(derby free)
ST- Andy Walsh(regen leeds 1.5m) or Glenn Morgan(regen cliftonvile 400k)

then got players like mark noble(west ham)Joe bennet(vila) frimpong(arsenal) on loan with some other younsters and then other rangers players like ross perry, ian black, templeton, muculloch, andy little as back ups

how big can u make rangers i have a save going won sd3 by a mile just would like to know how big you can make them

I reckon you could easily get rangers back to where they belong. Ie champions league. Would take about 5 years to build a decent side to compete in the UCL. That's me now in 1st div. signed some good players like McFadden, jake kean, Whittaker, building a team now I reckon that will win 1st and hopefully get a lot of money to spend next year.

About to start my second season in the PL, walked the first two seasons, won the first division with 7 points (Falkirk put up a really good fight), then finished second in the SPL 10 p behind Celtic last year, with a Cup double to boot.

No tycoons here though, got measly transfer budgets, but I've managed to secure a good pool of talented youngsters.

Using a 4-1-2-2-1 tactic.

can you make them the best culb in the world and have a shed load of mony coming in like real and man u

Gonna have a go, get about 1.3-1.5 mill every Europa league game in gate money, so by the end of the season i expect to have about 30 mill in the bank. and then get a decent sponsorship deal as im on a crappy 150k one at the moment. i got taken over in the 2nd division by an italian board, sadly they didnt give any money, they just took over from the previous ppl that were there.

About to start my second season in the PL, walked the first two seasons, won the first division with 7 points (Falkirk put up a really good fight), then finished second in the SPL 10 p behind Celtic last year, with a Cup double to boot.

No tycoons here though, got measly transfer budgets, but I've managed to secure a good pool of talented youngsters.

Using a 4-1-2-2-1 tactic.

Im using a 4-3-2-1 with the 2 wingers in a supporting role and the ST as a poacher.

gonna try and get celtic done in the first season and see where my Europa league adventure goes....got athletico Madrid next, falcao's bagged 18 goals in 9 games in the competition.

My 16yo regen glenn morgan has bagged 16 in 10 tho, go on lad!!!!!

I have a regen that I snapped upp when he was 16 as well, he's been tearing the Scottish defences a new one every season so far. Absolutely brilliant lad.

Am now in the SPL with rangers. Won the 1st by about 14 points over Dundee. Brought in some experienced players for the 1st division so won it easily. Now in the SPL and brought in a few regans that look really good for the future. Since I've been taken over I haven't really had any money pumped into me. Looking to offload players on high wage as want to keep it down. Going sell the likes of Wallace black who I reckon could get decent money for and improve in other areas. Do any off you use a director of football? If so what stats do u look out for?

got pirlo as my director of football.

main stats should be-

motivation - so he can motivate players to accept a new contract or be sold
determination - in negotiations and sucess in job
judging PA - kinda obvious
judging CA - kinda obvious
tactical knowledge - so he can look for players that fit your tactics
working with youth- ​interact with youth players and handle contract negotiations or build the youth team for the future

all this talk about Rangers being in the conference got me think. so i switched then there and put a Rangers B team in the scottish league. Walked through the conference divisions easily. now top of League 1 already won that one by 20 points. hopefully my next season i can gather some funds to gain promotion to the premier league.

as for my b team then are currently in 2nd of Division 1. i cant remember if i unticked B teams cannot be promoted!

My Rangers

In my third season and 7 points clear in Div 1. Partick are putting up a fight having taken 4 points off me this season. Just going into Feb I have stumbled (LDD). I stormed Div 3 and 2 unbeaten but have lost twice this season already. 442 got me through first two seasons so tried to develop a new tactic of 4231 with mixed results.

My 442 team is as follows:
GK - Rudd (from Norwich)
RB - Argyiou
CB - Faura
CB - Perry
LB - Bocanegra
RM - Templeton
CM - Hutton
CM - Black
LM - Wallace
ST - McKay
ST - Woodrow (Young lad on loan from Fulham Reserves)
BENCH
Alexander
Gasparotto
Little
Shiels
Macleod

As you can see I kept a lot of the same team I adopted in Div 3.
McKay is destined for a Scotland call up, banging them in throughout my save. Macleod is developing into a really good DLP this season, starting to bag himself a few goals too. My backroom team have pretty much begged me to sign free agent Mathias Muller. Young German CM who will be a great player in years to come. Tried to send him out on loan as soon as he signed for me but no luck.

Looking forward to battling in the SPL but itchy feet has me looking at some English jobs. The temptation of a new challenge could be too much for me

Won every SPL title in a decade, except my second season. So after 13 seasons with Rangers, I only failed to win the SPL title once. It wasn't very challenging. I quickly settled into Europe, and after about 3 seasons of Europa League & group stages of the CL, I was consistently challenging the final 8 in the Champions League.

I used a 4-2-3-1 then I swapped to a 4-5-1. The latter brought far more formidable results. I also benefitted from intelligent scouting, spent very big numerous times, but I sold those players for x3-x4 their book value due to the consistent success.

Back