• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former Spain striker Raul confirms his departure from Real Madrid after 18 years at the club and claims he could now make a move to the Premier League.

More...

absolute beast of the game think he will sign for 04 though.

I thought him going to Schalke was a done deal, apprently not now.

'Arry will be pleased.

Everyone on SSN seems to be saying that Liverpool and Manchester United will be going in for him?..

What a load of bull. Schalke or Spurs. Don't think Newcastle (the other club he's been linked with) can afford his wages and they don't have the European appeal that he'll be looking for.

He is denying a deal is done at Schalke... Looks like he is trying to get the best deal by playing clubs off against each other. Please dont fall for this Tottenham.

Wouldn't mind having him for a year at Liverpool depending on his wage demands.. Although it's more than likely he will go to the highest bidder..

He's one of the players I would like to see in the Prem, considering his Legend status over in Spain.

Shevchenko?
Diego Forlan?
Jose Reyes?

All great in Spain and Italy but **** in England. I think Raul will be added to that list now he has left Real Madrid imao.

Shevchenko?
Diego Forlan?
Jose Reyes?

All great in Spain and Italy but **** in England. I think Raul will be added to that list now he has left Real Madrid imao.
Since when has Shevchenko been great in Spain? oO)

EDIT: missed your Italy in there:P

Thing about those three players is that Sheva was past his peak when we brought him, Forlan was a case of moving to a big club too early in his career, and Reyes was just another overhyped Spanish player.

Raul has been past it for a good few years in my opinion so if he doesn't make an impact then I won't be too surprised.

Would like to see him in the red shirt. But his wages are undoubtedly high.

Dressing room trouble for whichever club signs him if he carries his Real Madrid attitude with him.

If he goes to the toon, I will actually ***** everywhere.

At least he knows he would start every game for us! :)

Everyone on SSN seems to be saying that Liverpool and Manchester United will be going in for him?..

he stated in that PC that he will be playing champions league next season so you can forget about liverpool.

Shevchenko?
Diego Forlan?
Jose Reyes?

Hmm, Players in Spain do struggle with the English game, Mostly because it's a lot more Technical over there and here it's more physical. Torres,Riera and Arbeloa did ok though.

Raul has been past it for a good few years in my opinion so if he doesn't make an impact then I won't be too surprised.

He was still there top scorer just a few seasons ago. I still think he has fuel in the tank.

If he goes to the toon, I will actually ***** everywhere.

At least he knows he would start every game for us! :)

You would do that, football related or not.

The rumours say he's heading to Newcastle for talks within 2 days,

There manager said 5 days ago the deal had gone through.

Obviously it hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back