• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 846
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Tottenham Hotspur Chase Real Madrid Legend Raul - Report

Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp is reportedly stepping up his chase to sign Real Madrid legend Raul, as he bids to assemble a side capable of competing in the Champions League next year.

May 9, 2010 7:07:00 AM

According to the News of the World, having secured their place among Europe’s elite next season, Spurs have now begun the process of bringing in stars with vital European experience.

The 32-year-old striker has seen his chances at the Bernabeu restricted, and it appears the former Spain international would be keen on a move to England.
"Raul has always been interested in the Premier League," said a source close to the player.

"He has spoken with friends like Fernando Morientes and Michel Salgado, who know England, and they have encouraged him to make the move."
Raul, who will not be going to the World Cup this summer, has won the Champions League three times and holds the competition's top goalscoring record with 66 goals in 128 appearances.

It is expected that Raul would accept a drastic drop in wages to move to White Hart Lane, in return for the promise of a two-year deal.

Sources

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...-hotspur-chase-real-madrid-legend-raul-report

Thoughts on the signing? I think they have way to many strikers, coming from a City fan, I know.

Last edited:
Not a good idea in my opinion, too old. But time will tell, he has always been brilliant though.

It's off Goal.com...They aren't very good. If it is true, seriously, calm the **** down with the strikers. Raul come to us, join the Spaniards!

It's off Goal.com...They aren't very good. If it is true, seriously, calm the **** down with the strikers. Raul come to us, join the Spaniards!

Its all over the news websites.

Originally came from News of the World.

Meh, it will be hard to get Raul to leave Real, he is an absolute Legend. Although, he has said he will leave if it is for the good of the club. His wages may be a problem:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back