Ray Wilkins Development Project

Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
Here is my latest version of the teenage challenge from last year's FM, with a twist.

The shock revelations in the last month which have dominated the world of sport are the termination of Ray Wilkins and the financial problems of Portsmouth FC. The financial turmoil at Pompey have finally taken there toll on the club and it has been forced into liquidation. A sad day for the club.

The news of Ray Wilkins controversial termination at Chelsea, has sparked anger amongst many and today he has announced how he will bounce back. The Ray Wilkins Development Project has been forged to allow a route for the best young players from all across the globe to develop to the best of there ability. They have taken the place of Portsmouth in the Npower Championship, in an attempt to add youth and flair to an up and coming competition. It is believed a TV deal has been made to fund the wages and running of the club, as it is certain a large following will be present of such an exciting team.

Ray Wilkins has already dipped into his phonebook and recruited the likes of Vialli, Guulit, Wise and Lebouef for the backroom staff. Oh and Claude Makelele is Player/Coach.

As Chairman of the project, Ray Wilkins is now looking for a young and upcoming manager to take the helm, and make the best out of these future world beaters...

Happy managing!

View attachment 114923

Last edited:
"The shock revelations in the last month which have dominated the world of sport are the termination of Ray Wilkins and the financial problems of Portsmouth FC."

I laughed.

Anyway, seems good and will give it a go.

If Pompey went into liquidation they would have been relegated two divisions automatically I think? What league are they in.

If Pompey went into liquidation they would have been relegated two divisions automatically I think? What league are they in.
They're not, removed them. I misunderstood liquidation then.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

What players do you get in it.
Screenshot added to OP.

surely the club does not have to be called RW Development Project.... :(

anyways I will give it a bash :)

What about the home-grown rules...
Everyones under 21 anyway so doesn't matter for now :)

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

surely the club does not have to be called RW Development Project.... :(

anyways I will give it a bash :)
Don't know what you mean

Everyones under 21 anyway so doesn't matter for now :)

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Don't know what you mean

He means he doesn't want/like the name.

He means he doesn't want/like the name.
Don't know what that's got to do with it, it explains what the team is, like for example the GH Academy. If its sucha problem he knows where the editor is.

downloade dand played it for a whle the other day it is very hard as you have hardly any money and your team is the worst in the league but still a good challenge :)

downloade dand played it for a whle the other day it is very hard as you have hardly any money and your team is the worst in the league but still a good challenge :)
I finished in the playoffs first season...

currently playing this game, and am 15th after 11 games, had some big results, most notably 1-0 over Forest, 2-1 home against QPR and a 1-0 win against Ipswich.

I'm yet to win away, which I can't quite understand. Who becomes your best player? At the moment, with me its Mirko Barocelli! Can't wait for Jano to develop, as I've seen his ratings on here, and he looks quality.

currently playing this game, and am 15th after 11 games, had some big results, most notably 1-0 over Forest, 2-1 home against QPR and a 1-0 win against Ipswich.

I'm yet to win away, which I can't quite understand. Who becomes your best player? At the moment, with me its Mirko Barocelli! Can't wait for Jano to develop, as I've seen his ratings on here, and he looks quality.
I couldn't get Mirko Barocelli to do much tbh! Diego Suarez was a beast, and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Really good idea mate,

uses the current football issues and news, and twists them into a database, like it!!

I love how you put all this thought and effort into something and people say things like, "i dont like the name" :$

hits a bit of a problem though, I'm currently in December, and my assistant lets me know that my Brazilian keeper Alisson has a year left on his contract. So i offered him a deal, but he can't get a work permit for the contract :(

hope this won't occur with the other players!

No must be a one off, not the biggest problem aye! :p

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Really good idea mate,

uses the current football issues and news, and twists them into a database, like it!!

I love how you put all this thought and effort into something and people say things like, "i dont like the name" :$
Thank you man!