mkdons4eva

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted before.

I haven't just noticed this with my players, but also with the opposition. If my winger has the ball, he can run and run and run with it, even if my opponents full back is right in front, he wont even try and tackle. More often than not, my winger or my oppositions winger, can make it into the area, 2 feet from goal, without even an attempted tackle from the wing back.

The thing is that you're only watching extended/key highlights and those are usually the few times your full backs get destroyed.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

I haven't just noticed this with my players, but also with the opposition. If my winger has the ball, he can run and run and run with it, even if my opponents full back is right in front, he wont even try and tackle. More often than not, my winger or my oppositions winger, can make it into the area, 2 feet from goal, without even an attempted tackle from the wing back.
You are referring to opposition instructions here...There are four different instructions that would make the whole difference how each player behaves WITHOUT the ball...Tight marking-always or never....Closing down-Always or never....Tackling-easy-normal-hard....Show onto foot-left-right-weaker which is specifically important against wingers...So how do instruct your defenders?

Last edited: