Montanaro

Reaction score
5922013E4CCD3D80F30B92B4E7C4AA3C14DCA12C

This is my formation and my player instructions for my RB.

He averages around 100 passes per game, which is causing my tactic to become quite lopsided. Most passes seem to be between him and the DCr and the AMr with throw ins and passes to the MCr mixed in moderately.

I'm going to attempt to have my GK distribute to the DCl instead of the DCr. I hypothesize that the RB is getting fed a lot by the DCr who receives from the GK.

I can provide more information if needed.

is he, sory-conte , ur best player in the team.?

or maybe u set him as ur main play maker by mistake XD

MCr is playmaker, and he's not my best.

I'm sure it has something to do with the AMr, but I dont want to axe that position.

I could try 3 CBs, but that really limits the fluidity of my formation

Could just be your team instructions being a bit lopsided towards him. Since he needs to be getting the ball from somewhere.

That possible because your CB have limited option to passes the ball when your midfield under pressure by opponent in middle side. So, he always looking more savety pass to your DR.

There's some solution you can try,
Increase creative freedom and through ball frequency your DC to make him take more risk passes ball to midfield. Or pull back your playmaker(MCR) to comes get ball so your DC have more option pass.
And take a look on my thread, http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...better-swansea-playing-style.html#post1376159 as my playmaker succeed get a lot of pass ;)

I've moved the RB to WBr and increased passing length of my DCs.

Has seemed to work the past couple of games.

50-50 the last few games.

Need to sort out this tactic.

Might sound stupid and all but have you set your passing focus on both flanks/right? With 1 left sided player half way up the pitch and 2 right sided players spaced well it might just be that.

Perhaps also his hold up ball instruction? If he is slowing the play like that ar DR, his only options will most likely be the DCr who holds back and anyone who comes deep to get the ball. I think maybe unticking it will see him look to pass on to the MC and AMR quicker.

I have it set to pass through middle and got rid of his hold up ball instruction.

He still gets 40 a game.

I think it actually has to do with the MCs coming over to support him and instead of the MCs passing/turning back into the middle of pitch, they play it right back to the RB.